Tiffany saw that Yang Xi was being directed towards the car, so she directly walked over and ignored the cold assistant as she said, “Didn’t you ask the police to contact me? How come you’re leaving before we’ve spoken?”

Yang Xi finally saw a glimpse of hope. Just as she was about to speak, the assistant stopped her and said, “Sorry Miss Hwang, Master Ni needs to urgently see Miss Yang. We will first make our leave.”

“I’m pretty sure Master Ni needs to show me some face. After all, there are plenty of reporters waiting to surround this place. Did he want me to chat to Miss Yang right here? I mean, I don’t mind…but, I’m afraid…”

On the surface, Tiffany’s words didn’t seem to mean much. But, in reality, she was threatening and warning Master Ni that she was going to speak openly to Yang Xi in front of the media if he didn’t hand her over. If that was to happen, she wouldn’t be able to guarantee who was to suffer a loss.

Master Ni wasn’t stupid, he of course understood what she meant. So, he had no choice but to compromise as he told his assistant over the phone, “Let them speak to each other in private.”

In the end, the party of five headed to a nearby cafe. To ensure that Yang Xi was comfortable enough to speak, the men stepped aside and did not enter the private room, allowing the two women to have plenty of space.

Faced with dejavu, the same two women were all alone in a private space. But, this time, the situation was very different.

“Every dog truly has its day, I never thought that the person to save me today, would be you…” Yang Xi said in self-mockery as she sat down on the sofa. “If you hadn’t appeared today, I may already be a corpse. By the time I got discovered, days or even years from now, I would already be a part of the soil.”

“Tiffany, I must truly bow down to you,” Yang Xi said in seriousness. “I shouldn’t have schemed against you. I overestimated myself. As long as you don’t hand me over to Master Ni, I am willing to do anything for you.”

“You will still need to pay back for what you have done. After all, I’ve never been one to show mercy and I’m sure you are aware of this. But, I don’t need to go as far as to take your life,” Tiffany said calmly.

“But, there’s nothing you can do. Even if I am sent to jail, Master Ni will still find a way to get me killed. There’s no way he will set me free. Every second that I am still alive right now, is a bonus,” Yang Xi gave a cold laugh. “Because of my stupidity, I made Master Ni feel threatened. The fact that I’ve entered the police station once, is already enough to make him lose trust in me. Master Ni is a paranoid man, he will be worried that I’ve teamed up with the police.”

“This is the reason why I was so anxious to receive the award. I thought I’d be given the right to speak up a little more. But, it was all just false hope.”

“What if I told you that I could save you?” Tiffany suddenly asked.

Yang Xi did not say a word as she stared at Tiffany. After a little while, she finally let out a laugh, “Tiffany, you seem to be well-skilled at dealing with enemies. Not too long ago, I heard how you managed to turn Reporter Lin over to your side.”

“So, do you want to live?”

“Of course,” Yang Xi replied firmly, “I’m just worried that this may be a part of your revenge. Will you give me hope before you throw me into despair?”

“I have always been a straightforward person…Whether out in the open or behind closed doors, I don’t play mind games.”

“That’s true!” Yang Xi nodded furiously. After all, all she had left now was just one lousy life. Why would Tiffany bother to trick her? However, she couldn’t quite understand Tiffany’s train of thought. Logically speaking, Tiffany should be the one that wanted her dead the most.