Chapter 78: A Moment of Peace

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, it happened all too fast, I think I lost consciousness at one point though all that as well." Dream spoke, rubbing the back of his neck, everything happened too quickly for him to process so his memories were a bit blurry, "That's all I guess, anyways, wanna.." Dream was cut off as Paralysis's tail flicked slightly.

"You already know the answer to that one, of course I want my cuddles Clay~" Paralysis purred, he was always up for cuddles even though they felt strange to him still after all these times spent together, it was just new yet old to Paralysis, in the past cuddles where never given as hatred was the only thing Paralysis was gifted with, but here in the present he got warm, cuddles, and affection. Paralysis still could get over the fact that this did make his life so much better and that he appreciated Dream for being here.

~~~~~~

Chitter chatter was the norm here as two humanoid-like figures waited around patiently as one of the figures wore a pair of white and black sunglasses, Cerulean rolled his golden eyes seeing Halcyon lift the sunglasses up from his bright blue eyes before both of the latchers flinched as the door opened with a person standing their with an amused look on his face.

"Gogy!" the two latchers chirped as their eyes lit up with joyful emotions as their ears perked up as they stood up from the bed walking over to George. Halcyon smiled widely showing their blue gums and sharp teeth as Hal fidgeted with the hem of his black t-shirt as he looked at George. Ceru held his arms that were covered by the sleeve of his daffodil yellow hoodie.

"Are you okay Gogy?" Cerulean said with slight concern in his voice.

"Yeah why, what's wrong" George responded to the blue latcher seeing Cerulean's golden eyes slightly look toward Halcyon.

"We worried you were hurt back in the temple when the floor fell, Oly was injured, we just didn't" Halcyon said with honesty with a saddened look, Halcyon seen the condition Olympus was in and it wasn't good at all from what he and Ceru saw of the volcanic latcher. Hal remembers seeing a weak glow in Olympus' eyes with dim flames, the frill on his head was flopped over to one side with damages covering the latcher entirely.

George remembered this as well, they all had to help Olympus out until George had to leave which left Sapnap and Olympus alone together, George clearly remembered seeing the latcher in the broken state of well being as Olympus could barely walk or roam around as if he'd been froze or tased which left his muscles to lock up. Was it because of the water? Was there a certain time period to how long Olympus could last underwater? Did Olympus get extinguished? George had so many questions to ask but he kept them to himself for now even though he should go check on Sapnap and Olympus to see how they're doing.

"I'm going to check on Sapnap, you-" George was cut off as the two latchers dashed by him in a hurry, "I'm taking that as a yes" he added as he spun around following the two latchers to where he left Sapnap and Olympus as his footsteps quietly rang through the hallway as he walked out into the living room seeing the lights were dim as the only brightest light in the room was a lamp that sat solemnly on a side table near one of the empty couches. George hung back with the two latchers as they listened carefully to the sounds, the voices, the voice that spoke softly.

"Everything's going to be okay Ollie, things will get better." Sapnap softly spoke gently brushing his fingers against the side of the latchers face. Olympus made a small noise but remained unmoving as a heated blanket was around him.

George heard those words slip from Sapnap's mouth, those words he could remember from the past "Everything's going to be okay." those words slipped from the lips of a Dream that was control by Paralysis in the past, the far past, George felt his chest as he had a vertical scar in the center of it from the wound that was gifted to him by that leader, George shivered, why did those words scare him so much, they felt like they were full of truth and lies and it was hard to decide which one was the true meaning behind it. George felt his nerves act up as if he was sensing something he didn't like or want to sense, he felt like not all was dead for the facility, as if one of them was still alive and roaming about.