Chapter Thirty

Começar do início

He held out his glass of water and I accepted it, drinking the liquid quickly to rid myself of the taste. I used to love sprite.

"I don't know if I'm happy about that or not. I've enjoyed my junk food here and there." I glared at the sprite.

He laughed as I handed him back his water.

"Why didn't you tell me it would taste like that?" I asked him, rolling my eyes. I wondered if we were getting close to our destination yet. I had never been a great flyer.

"I decided I'd like to see your reaction." He winked, taking a sip of his water.

A voice on the intercom suddenly filled my ears.

"We are approaching our destination. Please fasten your seatbelts. We are expecting a turbulent landing." The man announced. Suddenly, we were left with nothing but the sound of the planes wheels extending.

"Did he just say turbulent landing?" I said quietly, now petrified. When I said I wasn't the best flyer, that was definitely an understatement. I grabbed for my seatbelt and fumbled helplessly with it in my panic.

Kade reached over me easily and buckled it for me. "I'd hate to see you on one of our ships." He chuckled. "Although, we haven't had a crash in hundreds of years."

"Not helping." I ground out, clenching my teeth as the plane began to descend. The plane suddenly lurched downward and I let out a shrill scream.

"Emily. I'm here, you are going to be fine." Kade's voice was soft as his hands found mine. He pried my hand from the arm rest and folded my hands in his own. I was shaking, picturing us falling to our deaths. I hadn't really thought about it until now, but there wasn't even an option to uncover the window if I wanted to. The government must have done that to ensure we had no idea where we were.

"Did I mention I hated heights? No? Okay." My voice chattered. Although I was feeling anything but calm, my emotions began to calm and I began feeling at ease with the situation. The plane lurched again and this time, I looked straight at Kade.

"Taking away my fear, huh?" I said, not quite sure if I was thankful or weirded out by it.

He shrugged with a small smile. "Or you're just incredibly brave and realized that I could really just poof us out of here if I needed to." His voice was so low I was sure that only those of us with incredibly enhanced hearing could understand.

I shook my head. "Yeah, no. This is definitely all you." Despite the situation, I laughed. "And I told you that you poof!"

He chuckled lowly, shaking his head at me in amusement. "Whatever you say, Princess."

As I was busy staring at him, I felt the plane touch down as we bounced several times. I still found myself clenching my teeth, but for the most part I was feeling very at ease.

I could feel Kade let go of my emotions as a little bit of anxiety worked it's way back into my shoulders, but knowing that we were safely on the ground kept me from making too much of an idiot of myself.

I stood up, stretching my legs. I shook out the remaining nerves as Kade took my hand once more, guiding me out of the seats easily. The flight attendant, or military woman- whatever she was, met us at our seats and led us to the door where more men were now waiting on the other side of the plane door. They held something in their hands that made me want to kick them in the shins.

They were holding blindfolds.

Kade laughed darkly. "I don't think so. It's either you put those away or we will not be meeting with the President. And I assure you... this will be her loss, not ours." Kade's lip had curled up dangerously in a snarl I hadn't seen him use before. He sounded deadly serious and I stared at him in shock.