39 | Alessandria

Alessandria’s POV

GRADUATION TALKS BECAME usual as the month of March entered. We were having dinner in the mansion when the old man brought it up.

“Alessa, how are your grades? I was informed that your Periodical will be next week.”

“It’s fine,” I answered without looking at him. I continued eating my medium rare steak and fries when I noticed Jessica’s eyes on me. She was raising her brow and I sighed when I got what she meant.

This is the disadvantage of us getting closer. I can’t ignore her when she tells me to treat the old man nicely. Oh, damn it.

I sighed and put my fork down. “My tutor will start reviewing me tomorrow, Dad. You don’t have to worry about it.”

The old man looked at me with his business-like stare. “This is your last year in junior high, Alessa. Take it seriously or I’ll have no choice but to do something you and I wouldn’t like.”

“Robert,” Jessica called and pinched my Dad’s hand to calm him. 

“I know my daughter, Jessica. She does things on a whim and I’m just warning her in case she got crazy ideas up her sleeves.”

That’s it. I can’t just hold back when the old man says things like that as if I wasn;t in this dining table. As if I can’t hear that he doesn’t trust me even a bit. 

“I told you I got it, okay?” I screamed, which surprised him. “Can we just eat in silence?”

MY HEAD WAS bopping a bit to the tune of Kings and Queens by Ava Max when the sight in front of the blackboard caught my attention. It’s currently lunch break and we still got ten minutes before our first class in the afternoon starts.

Arabella was holding a broom and Erald was trying to get it from her. I want to go out of the classroom for I don’t want to witness it but I ended up lowering the volume of my airpods.

“Huwag ka ngang makulit, Erald. Ako na sabi ang magwawalis.”

Erald held the broom tighter. “Lola, bakit ba ayaw mong magpatulong? Dati naman pinapagalitan mo ako ‘pag ‘di ako naglilinis. May sakit ka ba?” 

Ara stood up straight and looked at Erald. “Makipagdaldalan ka na lang kila Io, ako na dito. At wala akong sakit kaya sige na, doon ka na nga.”

“Hindi kaya nabagok ulo mo, Lola?”

“Hindi nga sabi. Alis na, nang makapaglinis ako.”

Erald left Ara alone but I saw him shaking his head. He was confused with how Ara was acting recently and he doesn’t know why. But I know.

I was about to go back to listening to music when Ara and I met each other’s eyes. She smiled apologetically and I hated it immediately. I already told her not to fucking bury her feelings for Erald just for me, but she kept on insisting.

I know, okay. I know Erald may probably like her, but it’s not like I don’t have a chance with him. Afterall, I haven’t told him yet about my feelings.

I love Ara and our friendship. But this…I know it may affect our friendship but I’d rather it be that way instead of her pretending that she doesn’t like that annoying guy. I just can’t stand it when people are faking their emotions, why hold yourself back?

I’m not pushing her away but I can’t pretend I’m fine with what she’s doing.

If she likes Erald, then go. I’m not that kind of friend who would force you to do something against your will. It’s Erald who should decide who he likes between the two of us.