Chapter 15. Trust Was His Downfall.

~Trust~

Firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something.

~No one's P.O.V~

"Aaah." Y/n let out, her eyes closed to block out the sun that had lowered, just exactly reaching her eyes, "See?" Y/n smiled a little once she felt his hand comb through her hair, "I told you it was important to relax." She reminded the male.

However, Zeldris didn't respond to her. In fact, Y/n could only hear the shuffling of his clothing, his breathe, and his hearts beating coming from him.

His metal gloves were placed beside him, allowing his hands to get some air. The shadow of the blossom tree casted over the Demon, but stopped by his lap, where Y/n had found herself to lay pretty comfortably.

Y/n hummed, thinking nothing much of his antiques. He did like the quiet every now and then.

But... Zeldris couldn't help himself from letting his eyes trail up and down her body. They had did so a lot, but for a different reason today.

Unconsciously, Zeldris' hand moved from Y/n's slightly knotty (h/c) hair and to her cheek. Y/n turned her head away, recoiling from his warm hand. Her eyes opened half-lidded. She took a deep breathe before closing her eyes once again.

She lifted her bandage-covered hand up to his, taking ahold of it, she placed it back on her cheek, telling him it was okay.

Black eyes slowly narrowed while he allowed his thumb to trail along her cheekbone. He could feel Y/n tense up in his lap every time his finger came a little too close to the cut that followed her cheekbone.

"Darling," Zeldris spoke his first work since they arrived on the hill. Despite the beautiful view, very few people had ever been there. Well, at least at the same time as them, "Why aren't you healing?"

"I don't want to." The short response came with a shrug, making the Demon frown, "You're lying."

"How do you know? I'm a very good liar." She said, her voice a little tired, clearly on the brink of falling asleep.

Zeldris didn't say anything for a while. Instead, his eyes trailed up her legs, they were bruised badly, bandage was tied tightly around her left foot, the shirt she wore was cut open several places, and cuts were in the skin beneath. Both of her lower arms were in bloody bandage, even though one of them usually always had bandage tied around it.

"Just tell me already." Silence followed the Demon's demand. His unused hand was clenching the green grass by his side, and shadows covered his eyes.

"Ach!" Y/n let out in shock and slight pain once she felt a sudden, cold touch hitting directly down her cut, "Hey!" She glared up at the male, opening her eyes.

"Zeldris..." Her (e/c) eyes stared up at him, confusion filling her mind. His teeth were gritted together, and he sounded like he held his breath, "Are you crying?" She asked, noticing the wet line down his cheek, the single tear the Demon had accidentally had allowed to escape hit her cut, and now he would allow a sob to break out.

"S-Shut up." The weight on Zeldris' lap lightened, allowing him to know that Y/n sat up. She turned over, sitting on her knees in front of the boy clothed in red.

He tensed once Y/n lift her hand. She lightly placed her hand on his forehead before lifting it up, pulling his dark hair out of the way.