Chapter 45. Unwelcomed Memories.

~No one's P.O.V~

Y/n sat alone in her room. She sat on her bed, staring at the planks of the floor. The buzz of the busy tavern below her feet faded into the background.

Something felt off... Like something was changing rapidly. She did not like that.

A knock on the door was what made Y/n snap out of it. She lifted her head, blinking at the door, "Come in."

The second the doorknob turned and the door swung just a little bit, Y/n had grown certain on who was on the other side of the door. The man opened the door slowly, as if hesitant, which was very out of character for someone like Ban.

The tall man stood still in the door-opening, instead of his normal relaxed posture, the man had his back straightened almost as if he was unsure of whether his head would be bit off or not if he entered.

After a few moments of silence, Y/n turned her attention back to the floor. Ban followed her gaze, narrowing his eyes a little bit to see if he could spot what Y/n was so interested in. He very much did not see anything of interest.

Ban sucked in his breath, "Are you okay?" Even if his head was to be torn from the rest of him, that would not mean death, "You have been acting a little weird lately."

"Oh, I have?" The girl spat back with sarcasm lacing her words, "Weird, huh?"

"Y/n." Ban walked into the room, the Immortal soon taking a spot beside her on the bed, "You have to understand, I'm sorry for what I said." He swung his arm over her shoulders, pulling a bit closer to his side.

"It's always the same with you humans. You say you're sorry but that doesn't change what happened." She side-glanced up at the man, "It doesn't mean that you did not mean what you said." For just a second, Ban was allowed to see the little vulnerability she would not hide from him in that second. However, the girl brushed Ban's arm off and stood up.

She took a few steps away from the bed and crossed her arms, "Besides, that has nothing to do with this."

"Then, what is it?"

"Something is shifting the odds." She stated. Her eyes wandered around the room as she attempted to get a better sense of it.

"You don't make that sound like any good." Ban slurred a little, "So I take it as it'll not be in our favor."

"That depends," Y/n started, turning around to face the Immortal with her arms crossed, "What do you mean 'our'?"

Ban placed his hands behind him on the bed to lean on them, "We are not on the same team?"

"As of now, we are." Y/n answered, humming a little in thought, "But a lot can change in very little time. We are headed in the same direction, but our goals are a little... Different."

"In what way?"

Y/n closed her eyes, lowering her head a little bit, "We all have something we are fighting for... But the ways of getting to that goal... Mine is very different than that of yours."

Ban hummed. She certainly had changed after her death. It wasn't that she seemed completely void of any emotion, but that she refused them instead. As if each one of them were barricades blocking her from her goal, "And how are the odds changing?"

"I can feel... Power is slowly strengthening somewhere." Y/n stated, sighing. She looked at the Immortal, "I feel as though someone, or something... Is wandering in my memories."

"And that is giving them strength."

"King, is that you?! What in the world happened to both of us?!" Diane, in the body of Drole, looked at the small figure in front of her - Who was King, in the body of Gloxinia, "I can't let the others see me like this! They'll get the wrong idea!"