𝔵𝔵𝔳𝔦𝔦 | fifth year

That weekend finally comes after a long, hard week of Umbridge's supremacy. Professor Trelawney was almost stripped of her post as the Divination teacher, but luckily Dumbledore stepped in before things got out of hand. 

I am bundled in a coat and hat, my arms crossed, walking through Hogsmeade by myself. Aurora, Daphne, and Blaise look like they've adopted Crabbe and Goyle into their friend group, laughing with them outside of Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. When they see me they go stone-faced, casting me some of the dirtiest looks I've ever seen.

So immature. Even Daphne looks angry at me, which confuses me because I bet she's just being pulled around by Blaise. 

"Y/N, wait up!" A recognizable voice calls from behind me. Luna. I turn around and give her a smile, my eyes snapping to my friends, who look absolutely disgusted, "Heading to the Hog's Head as well?"

"I am," I smile. She has a stack of those odd magazines that I always see her reading. She hands one to me and I glance at the cover. The Quibbler: The Wizarding World's Alternative Voice, "Wow, this is actually talking about the things the Prophet is ignoring."

"I'm aware. My father, Xenophilius, is the editor and publisher," She looks ecstatic that I'm interested in the tabloid, "He believes in standing up for the right thing, and so do I."

We walk into the Hog's Head together, where Hermione meets us, giving us both warm hugs. She leads us to the back, where a group of students are waiting for Harry to arrive. 

We wait for a little, then Ron and Harry walk in together. Potter looks a little surprised to see so many people sitting in the back room of the Hog's Head. I feel a little conflicted about how Draco would feel about this, wondering if I should even talk to him about it, given that we've been talking more.

Figuring he wouldn't be pleased, I decide to keep it to myself. Harry speaks out, "Hermione, why are there so many people here?"

"I just mentioned your Defense Against the Dark Arts idea to a couple people, I hope you don't mind." She explains, but Harry looks happy to see so many people who care about being able to protect themselves against the dark arts. 

Conversations still hang in the air, so Hermione bangs on the table to quiet everyone. Then, she begins to explain how this little organization is going to work, "Everyone who is here is interested in actually learning Defense Against the Dark Arts, correct?" She pauses, and many people nod, "Not only to pass our O.W.L.s, but also to protect ourselves from someone who is out there right now, Lord... Voldemort."

People flinch in the crowd, but Harry and Ron look at her with pride, "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself." Hermione explains. I've never really felt comfortable saying his name, but maybe... maybe I'll start doing it. 

A couple people in the crowd express their distaste, but Harry continues, making sure that people don't get sidetracked. "I believe Voldemort is back because I fought him last year. Dumbledore told the whole school that last year, and if you don't believe him then you shouldn't be here." There is a tense silence. 

"Well... to learn properly we will need a qualified teacher." Hermione announces, glancing to Harry.

Neville Longbottom interjects, "But we're all students, and under Umbridge what teacher would even want to teach us. None of us have the experience to..." He is cut off by Ginny Weasley, Ron's younger sister in the year below me. 

"Someone here does." Her eyes dart to Harry, and everyone else's follow. 

"Me?" Harry questions, looking taken aback. 

"Why is Potter qualified and the rest of us aren't?" Someone says from the crowd, looking annoyed. 

Ginny stands up, defensively, "He's confronted You-Know-Who four times and lived to tell about it. He's one of the best wizards I know." People start to list off Harry's accomplishments. Killing the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets, saving the Sorcerer's Stone from Voldemort in his first year, getting through the Triwizard Tournament, fighting off dementors, being able to produce a Patronus. 

"Okay, all in favor of Harry Potter teaching us out lessons this year?" Hermione says, raising her hand almost immediately. The people around me do as well, and I join in. Harry Potter is one of the best wizards we know. Ginny is right. Everyone's hands remain in the air. 

Hermione and Harry decide to figure out an unused classroom we can use to learn, and Hermione pulls out an enchanted piece of parchment for everyone to sign their names on so that the members can be accounted for. We get in line to sign, and I scribble Y/N Larkspur right underneath Cho Chang's delicate penmanship. 

"What should we call ourselves?" Harry questions, and some members throw out name ideas. None of them seem to hit the mark until Ginny suggests "Dumbledore's Army." Everyone agrees, excited, and Harry smiles at her, making the girl blush. 

"Dumbledore's Army it is." Harry says. 

Later, as I prepare to walk back to Hogwarts with the rest of the student body, Draco finds me. He holds two butterbeers in to-go cups. For a second, I wonder if he's gotten one for me.

"Stop looking at my drinks, they're both for me," he snaps, "What are you doing milling about with Potter's little group of outcasts." He must have noticed me walking around with Luna and Ginny following the meeting. 

"None of your business." I say, using his favorite line, "Why are you drinking two butterbeers?"

"I like them." He says sheepishly, and I laugh.