𝔦𝔦 | third year

SKIPS to beginning of third year :) I'll try to make every chapter at least 1,000 words. This one is pretty short; however, but they start evening out and becoming about the same length later on. thank you:)))

I sit at the Slytherin table, sighing to myself. Besides me sits one of the best friends I've made in the past couple years, Aurora Petrym, the only witch who would introduce herself to me at the Slytherin table after I sat down there after being sorted my first year. Though I do have some classmates that dislike me, such as Malfoy, his lackeys Crabbe and Goyle, and Pansy Parkinson, my years at Hogwarts haven't been awful at all. 

"Did you hear what happened on the train this morning?" I hear Malfoy say excitedly to his little group, down the table. My eyes glance his way. He has definitely grown up over the summer, his face evening out and he has become more lean and tall, even though I hate to admit it, he might even be a little handsome. "Potter fainted!" He laughs harshly and I roll my eyes. 

"What are you looking at, blood traitor!" He yells at me when he sees my eyes on him, and I quickly turn back to Aurora. 

"I guess that's why Potter isn't here right now. I was wondering if he and his stupid friends had finally gotten kicked out of Hogwarts or not," Aurora says, studying my face, "Y/N, you look a little traumatized. You can't let Malfoy get to you like that. His blood can't be that pure."

"It is. His family is one of the sacred twenty-eight, meaning he has some of the purest blood in Hogwarts." I groan, "By Merlin, I hate him."

"Did I hurt your feelings, Larkspur?" He shouts down the table, his followers, Crabbe and Goyle, laughing besides him, "You should be proud I even talk to a half-blood traitor like you." He scoffs, and Pansy's high pitched, screeching laugh rings through my ears. 

"Gods, Parkinson, did you develop into a banshee over the summer?" Aurora shoots at Pansy and she scowls, "Because it sounds like it."

"Don't speak to a pure-blood like that, blood traitor!" Draco snaps at Aurora, who scowls, then gets up from the table. 

"We'll be going now, Y/N." I follow behind her as we leave the great hall, leaving our meal and our horrible classmates behind us. I'm happy I have a pureblood friend like Aurora to protect me from people like Draco, because I feel like I could never say something like that to him without him laughing in my face because my mother is a Muggle. I never knew people would treat me like this in the wizarding world. 

When we finally get back to the common room, Aurora smiles at me sadly, "What's wrong?" she asks, even though she definitely knows. 

"Why does it make me so mad that he hates me and calls me all those horrible things," I complain, "I can't control how I was born, but I still feel guilty about it. Like I want to change something about myself to become a pureblood."

"Being a pure born witch or wizard has absolutely no difference than being born of Muggles in any way. Don't let it get to you, Y/N, and don't be scared to stand up for yourself," Aurora smiles, "You're one of the brightest witches I know. Way brighter than Malfoy."

"Thanks, Aurora." I sigh, and look out the window of the common room. The night is dark surrounding us, and stars peek out of the layer of midnight, "I always hate the first night back for some reason."

"I understand that, it's weird being away from home, and it always feels like time moves so much slower here. But, I do love seeing everyone again." She responds. I sigh sadly and retreat to the girl's dormitory. Every day I feel less and less like a Slytherin and more like I should have just been born a Muggle.