PROLOGUE - Part 2

(You can listen to the Theme From 13 WINDOWS in the above video. I wrote and recorded the music and completed the video this week to coincide with the release of the beginning of Part 2. Jamillah Ross helped me with the filming of the video which includes some of the places that are mentioned in the novel. Jamillah also helped with the premise of the story. We hope you enjoy. The PROLOGUE to Part 2 is a flash forward.)

ROSEDALE RAVINE - August 2012

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME! CALL 911!" Emeline shrieked out desperately. There was no sound except the rain. She turned to look back at her sister. Sandra was making her way quickly down the side of the ravine. Emeline disentangled herself from the bush, and started making her way down to the road. She kept slipping on the wet leaves and she finally had to succumb to the wetness and the gravity as she slid down the rest of the steep drop completely out of control.

Sandra was catching up to her and was now halfway down the ravine incline. Emeline sobbed, clutching her cracked ribs. She managed to stand up, and then attempted to jog clumsily through the searing pain.

There was a concrete sewer opening where the creek formed. Emeline splashed into the water. She sloshed towards the opening, which was large enough for her to crouch inside and hide. She peeked over the opening and saw her sister walking briskly along the path, her eyes wide, with her teeth bared in a deranged grin.

"Where's my big sister?!" she cried. "Come out - come out...wherever you are..."

Emeline ducked down and hid inside the opening. The water rushed under her shoes. She tried to rest. She was 70 years old and she wasn't in the best shape. She wouldn't be able to last long against her sister.

She whispered a prayer to herself, "Oh God please. I'm sorry. Please help me now Lord. I'm sorry I kept so many secrets." She was trembling now. "Please just get me out of this. I'll be a better human being I promise."

(CHAPTER 12 PART 2: CLOSER will be released next Monday Oct. 5 2020. Appropriate reading for Halloween as the psychological horror intensifies...)