Chapter 26 - Coven vs. Coven Ends

Jeffery Dean Morgan as El Dargon

*********************************************

**I incorporated a screenwriting style in this chapter for slight emphasis***

EL Dargon's POV

All fifteen of us wait breathlessly for our parents' commands.

SUN GOD: Rise, my children.

MOON GODDESS: You too, my children

SUN GOD: The Blade of Etheri, he muses. A move that can't be undone.

MOON GODDESS: Brother, in your quest to best me you sanctioned this weapon for your children?

SUN GOD: Sister, the weapon is to use in dire situations, not for revenge. And why are you here?

MOON GODDESS: To save my child if he dies. Remember, his wolf is still mine.

Cal: You cannot take my root. Sun god, you have no right to take her. Bring her back. The Ancient One created us, you didn't. Bring my root back now! And you, Moon goddess, cannot have my wolf. Where I go, he goes.

Cal can talk to my father. How powerful is this wolf? And my poor Esme, could she also talk to them before she died?

MOON GODDESS: I came for the wolf and I will have the wolf, Omega.

Cal: Not this time, MOTHER! My wolf will not be running with you for eternity. I repeat, where I go, he goes.

SUN GOD: That's it, sister. He's made his choice gain. His wolf comes with me.

Cal: Not so fast, father! You have no power over werewolves; she does. Return my root and I to our loved ones, we're not yours to keep.

SUN GOD: Omega, you dare to disobey the one who saved you from her?

MOON GODDESS: It appears he's onto you, brother. You should have let me kill him when I had the chance.

SUN GOD: Stay out of this, Sister. And he's still mine. You cannot have him. I will collect my High Priestess.

MOON GODDESS: You know every Alpha and Unri belongs to me, just as every High Priest or Priestess and High Lord or Lady belong to you. It has always been this way since we created them. Now he is your headache, so what are you going to do?

SUN GOD: Are you blind? My children will take the body away from him.

Cal: Sun god, you can't have her body.

I see Cal's grip on Esme's hand tighten with the little strength he has left.

SUN GOD: You dare challenge your father? Dargon, retrieve your daughter's body and bring it to me.

El Dargon: Forgive me, father, but she's my child. I cannot go against her root's right to her body.

SUN GOD: You also defy your father?

El Dargon: Forgive me.

I bow and prostrate, waiting for my punishment.

SUN GOD: What is it about these two? They're constantly turning things upside down.

MOON GODDESS: Can I take his wolf, now?

Cal: You two are alike. You cannot take her. And you cannot take my wolf. Sun god, you have no right to take her. Your essence and power are in that blade, so bring Esme back. The Ancient One created us, you didn't. Bring my root back now!

Cal's chest heaves slowly, his aura is diminishing too.

SUN GOD: My son, there's nothing you can do. As High Priestess, her soul and body are mine to take.

Cal: You both are trying to circumvent the Ancient one's prophecy, and I won't let you.

To my surprise and fear, Cal slowly lifts his hand that's joined to Esme's and points to the sky. He mumbles something that I could barely make out, but it sounded like this.

Cal: It cannot end like this Ancient One, it can't. It shouldn't but if this is it, so be it. We did our best. Darric and Rafe, I'm going now, please understand. Forgive me.

Another layer of aura covers the two of them. Their bodies are in a purple shimmering cocoon.

SUN GOD: Children, get that body from him now!

The Originals, the two Elementals attempt to force their way into the cocoon Cal created, but it won't budge. I take no part in their endeavor, so I stay in my reverent position and ask my father for forgiveness, again. I repeat that Esme's my child and I cannot go against her root's right to her body.

MOON GODDESS: Help them! 

She tells her children. All fourteen council members strike the cocoon with all their might and it wouldn't open.

Cal: You want a chosen one, why not take two?

Does Cal dare the Sun god? I think he's gone crazy.

With his diminishing strength, he pulls the Blade of Etheri from his chest. I watch as Cal's essence also leaves his body.

SUN GOD: He's dead. This should make retrieval easier.

MOON GODDESS: The chosen ones are dead. Now things can go back to the way they were.

SUN GOD: Children now bring me their bodies.

MOON GODDESS: Remember that I get his wolf, brother.

ANCIENT ONE: ENOUGH!!! Ra brui vamuth!

                                <You two again!>

SUN GOD & MOON GODDESS: Father.

They both bow, their lights dim, and then prostrate.

EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE SUN GOD, THE MOON GODDESS, ALL MY COMRADES, THE FOUR MATES, FREEZE IN PLACE.

Esme's house shakes and splits in two. In my frozen state, I see the heavens open, and a glowing like porcelain white being glides down. The head has a gold band around it and the rest of his body just glows, with no identifiable features. He glides down to what's left of the basement. I see him but I cannot move. Are my comrades seeing this too?

His shimmering light fills the basement. Esme's insignia lights up under her and Cal. The aura protecting them fades away and I see the lifeless bodies of my daughter and Cal and my heart cries. The light turns toward me, the shimmering lights, flicker my way, and I'm warm all over.

This is the Ancient One, I try to speak but I cannot. He is the creator of us all, to be honest, my grandfather. I am scared shitless. He can destroy all of us if he so chooses. In my fear, my eyeballs dart back, and I realize that everyone else including the deities is all frozen. Why am I the only one who can see and hear him now?

ANCIENT ONE: Because you chose well, my child. You protected your daughter just as a parent should. A little late, but you did well when it counted. You did well, my child.

I hear his reply. Is he talking to me? He turns towards everyone else. He glides over the ruling council, his gold band shakes, and he moves on. He turns to the mates and his light shines more. He passes his children and his gold band dims a little the Sun god and the Moon goddess.

He reaches Cal and Esme. His shimmering light joins the purple one covering them, and the whole place lights up brighter than ever. Under both, Esme's insignia fires up in flames. The top of them freezes up in ice. How can fire and ice not extinguish each other? He must have come for their bodies himself.

ANCIENT ONE: I DIDN'T WANT IT THIS WAY MY CHILDREN BUT THE PROPHECY MUST BE, AND IS, FULFILLED.

His shimmering light pulls away from their auras, shoots straight up to the heavens, and Esme and Cal's bodies disintegrate before my eyes. Seeing that, I fainted.

Author's Note: Is this it? After all Cal & Esme went through, the Ancient One reverts to the Sun god and Moon goddess?