Chapter 31-Esme and Cole... again.

Ferran Calderon as Beta Cole Smith

**************************************************

Esme's POV

I insisted on this visit. Now I wish I had listened to Blaze. I am upright in my chair across from Blaze's dad in his home. It's not normal for a parent to lose a child. What do I say to him? I'm sorry my root killed your wife and child?

"Mr. Crane, I'm so sorry for your loss," I trail off, not sure what else to say.

"Would you like something to drink?"

"No, I'm fine," I reply.

"We're fine, Dad," Blaze replies.

Blaze and Cole insisted on coming with me. Blaze came because he's not sure what his dad will say to me. According to him, his dad is going through so many emotions that no one knows what he's liable to say or do. Cole says he will not let me go to Aurora without him until he feels I can be safe going in and out of the coven. Adorable mates!

"Hmm. Izzy told me what she knew, so did Blaze. Now why don't you tell me what you know," he looks me straight in the eye.

"Dad---" I place my hand on Blaze's lap and squeeze, silencing him.

I return Mr. Crane's stare and told him what happened from when Lars invited me to their house until I found myself tied to the stake to be burned alive.

"I thought you and Lars were at the very least good friends. Why would he do such a thing and convince his mother to go along?"

"He believed I killed his root-"

"Did you?"

"No. For the sake of transparency, I was there when she died. She kidnapped and tortured MY root. She planned to kill his mates and another High lord with the help of a vampire and a werewolf. I took away her powers and honestly, I didn't lose any sleep when she was killed," I conclude.

"Esme, I've seen you grow up. You are a good friend to my daughter, the ex-girlfriend of my dead son, and now the mate of my older son. No matter how I look at it, they entwine you and me. My impression is that you are a kind and good witch. Nevertheless, I loved my son and cared about my wife. I'll give anything to go back to that day and change the way they acted and what happened, but I cannot. I am not blaming you for anything, but I need you to understand one thing. It will take me a while to reconcile all that happened that night, making any attempt at being close right now, hard."

"I understand, Mr. Crane."

I got up, wished him well, and left. It's too soon to expect anything from the man.

I take a huge breath when we got back to our home.

"I'm off to the pack," Cole says.

"Will you be back?" I ask him.

"Tonight."

I nod.

"I'll be in my office," Blaze leaves.

"I'll make dinner-"

"NOOOO!" They scream.

"I'll take care of it," Blaze replies.

Silly mates, as if I'll go anywhere near that oven.

                                             ―

I am addicted to Rafe's plane, and I moan in pleasure. Next to sex, this has to be the other thing that can make me orgasm. I roam my hand over the soft leather seats, sinking my butt into the curvy butt warmer. A few minutes later, I walk through the plane. I admire the gym - not my thing. I continue to the rooms and I can picture my mates and I doing the freaky dicky in them. Not to leave out the bathroom. Now I would love to try the mile-high club in all three bathrooms. The kitchen is state-of-the-art, helpful for the hosts and hostesses. I make my way back to where Raven, Ed Johnson, and my mates are. I sit between my mates, and we turn our chairs around to face Ed and Raven. Dang! I love this plane.