Chapter 30-Amends and Retribution Part Three.

Jason Dolley as Cal Yorke & Brittany Snow as Esme Wood

****************************************************

Esme's POV

We arrive back in South Dakota about five in the evening. We're not tired. Our trip to Pennsylvania seems to have pumped some adrenaline into all of us. Since we don't need Rafe's plane and cars anymore, we teleport directly to Aurora coven. I mind link Izzy to join me.

I lead the way to the meeting hall and ring the summoning bell. My mates, Cal and his mates protectively stand behind me at the high table. I guess they remember what happened the night before, and they're not taking any chances.

The coven members trickle in. I recognize Blaze's dad and some others from my frequent visits to this coven. I wait for Izzy. Meanwhile, the hall continues to fill up and people are murmuring among themselves. I tune them out. I sense Izzy and mind link her to join me at the high table. When she reaches me, I nod to her. She returns my nod with a smile, good! Blaze hugs her to his side.

"HALLOWETH BE!" I yell to the crowd.

Some reply the same.

"I repeat, HALLOWETH BE," and I tilt my head, waiting for their respectful reply. I get it.

"Halloweth Be," they respond.

"You all know me, High Priestess Esme Wood. Some of you must've heard or seen what happened last night here in your coven involving High Priest Micah, Lila Jones, Lars, and Zora Crane."

I look at Mr. Crane where he stood. He looks back and gives me a slight nod.

"They tried to kill me for some unfounded reason but failed. Now, you have lost all the members involved in that affair, if some of the deceased were your family members, accept my condolences. But note that I will not apologize for defending myself. Now you are without a leader. Moving forward, Aurora coven will be led by me, High Priestess Esme Wood of Phoenix coven. You will join Isadora Crane and Lord Callum Yorke of Crimson River Pack, Luna of BloodRose Pack, Lord Silvern Clan, and my root. They are the current members of Phoenix coven."

And the murmuring starts again.

"Just so we're clear, this is not up for debate. If you want to leave the coven, leave. You of course will be without the protection of a coven. But if you stay, I will do my best to be a good leader. The quarterly gatherings will continue as before. Nothing will change except that I will not tolerate any mistreatment or bitchy witch behavior."

"Bitchy witch?" Cal whispers.

I ignore him and continue.

"I extend my condolences to the Cranes, Jones, and other families that lost a member in last night's melee. Now, Isadora Crane is my point of contact if you have any issues or problems. Questions? None? Good. Thank you and have a good night."

They trickle out of the meeting hall.

"Is that okay, Izzy? I know I didn't ask you first but-"

"-That's fine. The coven needs a shakeup, believe me. Listen, can we talk later; I see my dad and I need to talk to him."

"Hey princess, tell him I'll call him later, okay?" Blaze tells her.

"Are you guys ready? Next stop, BloodRose Pack. Beta Yorke, right?"

"Right," Cal sighs.

"It looks like someone took a page out of my book. Shape up or get out." Darric taunts me.

"Shut up fur coat," I reply.

"She called me fur coat. Oh! Esme, I didn't know you cared," he feigns a crying face.