Chapter 18 - Two very different banes... collide.

Ferran Calderon as Cole &  Antonio Cupo as Blaze.

******************************************

Cole POV

I watch almost every member of the leadership team fawn over the Alpha's triplets. It is amazing how alike they are. How do their fathers tell them apart? Will I be able to do the same if I have multiples? The idea of that witch swollen with my pups makes my wolf happy. Why is it that wolves get all happy when they meet their mates, no matter what they are?

"Because we accept the gift that they are. We don't question the goddess or her choice," my wolf Rand tells me.

"Rand, she's a witch! She can't change and join you in runs. So why are you giddy about her?"

"She's my mate. Why can't she join me in runs? She teleports, right?"

"Yes but-"

"-You, humans, overthink things. Just don't ruin this for us, got it?"

"Rand-"

He shut me off.

"Okay. Jeffery, the boys are all yours while we have our meeting," Alpha Darric tells him, and I snap out of my daydream.

"Yes, Alpha Lord."

"Cole, will you give us an update from your visit to Wintertooth Pack," he tells me.

I inform the group that Wintertooth is doing better than we hoped. The houses are all constructed. They're waiting for Alpha Salim to build their dungeon. And because of its proximity to P.E.A.R.L school and High Lord Tobias Hunter's clan, the Ruling Council is designating a portion of the land that connects all three as No Man's Land.

"When are they sanctifying the land?" Cal asks.

"In a week."

"Good. I'll let Minerva know, so the students are aware of the additional safe area."

"Any other pressing issue?"

"Nothing Alpha," we all chorus.

"Great. Cole, you got a minute?" Alpha Darric asks.

"I'm sorry, Millie is waiting for me and you know how time conscious she can be," I reply.

"It can wait, we'll talk later. Give my regards to her and your parents."

                                              ―

"Cole, I'm tired," Millie moans as I drag her up and down the sidewalk outside Esme's store for the umpteenth time.

"I'm sorry, Millie. There's someone I want you to meet."

"Who?"

"My mate."

"Where is she?" She asks.

"Come on." I pull her to Esme's door; I take a deep breath and open it wide.

Esme is chatting with some humans, and I pull Millie to the side to wait her out. She ignores me as usual, but I sensed her rapid heartbeat. Millie leaves me to check out the creams and other products in the store. I take the time to check out the store. Three-quarters of the store is set up for the creams, lotions, etc., and the smell is inviting and fresh. A small part of the store has some unbelievably wonderful art framed on display. Whoever does them has an incredibly good eye. The colors compliment each other and pull you in. But they're not priced for sale.

"This is one that I use Cole, and this serum," she gushes. "They have samples too." She grabs a handful and stuffs them in her bag.

"What are you and your girlfriend doing here?" Esme sneers.