Ch.53 Pessimistic Boyfriend

Start from the beginning

"I don't have time for this, Kiyo-kun." I said quickly. "I know but I'm not satisfied with my performance yet." I took the chance to run to my team who's on the other side of the court. They cheered as they welcomed me back.

"We tried holding out for you." Aratani said as she runs her forearms. "The other boys sure has similar power as Ushiwaka."

"Not to bad with the gap." Coach Ichika said. "Just remember that this is all about getting better. Even if they're guys, what's that has to do with us kicking our Boys' asses when we have joint practices, eh?"

"Yeah!"

Sakusa's POV

I went back up to Komori and watched the game with anxiety. Beautiful Snow's playing with an injury and I hope she does not get injured again.

I held my breath when she blocks or even sets with her hands if needed. Even so, she plays like nothing happened, I would watch her fiddling with her fingers. But I can see her beautiful smile when she lands a point when Tendou moved his arms to block her cross shot, but she ends up spiking through the gap he opened up.

She curls her right hand in a fist before celebrating with her team. Her wavy hair whipping as she turns to her team. I smiled underneath the mask for her being happy and all. But still, she can do ridiculous things sometimes which scares me.

I just hope that Beautiful Snow is well-prepared so she doesn't injure herself again.

She tied it too tightly for it to go numb. I'm going to have to tape her fingers for her. Since I've never seen her with that much tape on her hands before. Even so, her preparation needs a bit more improvement since her cold, soft fingers are fragile like ice.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Miyuki's POV

We lost but that's okay.

I was having fun which Aratani thought it was the blood from my nails and the numbness. But I just laughed it off as I went to the service line. 

I knew that Tendou, the Guess Monster, was getting on edge since I started to hit more shots with his inaccurate guessing now. Ha!! We were starting to do 2 setters during our plays now. Whoever's on the net, will be the Setter. I juked the guess monster a few times with dumps and side sets. Even faking out to hit on the 2nd contact. 

Then I would defend the cross court which my wrists are a bit sore but it's nothing. Well, the first few went over the net I started to pick it up even if I need to roll backwards or to my sides. I think I landed on my fingertips but for a split second. 

We managed to have the highest points today with Shiratorizawa in 2nd and then Inarizaki.

My fingers were okay and I moved them freely out of the tape after getting checked again. I still kept the bandaids if it still bleeds out again. After taking down the nets and cleaning up the gym, everyone heads out to a grassy area behind the Boys Gym.

The Coaches set up tables with the help of Shiratorizawa and managers took out foods. I wanted to help to so I wiped the tables down before the boys put down the grills.

"You played well, Foreign Ace." I heard the boy said as I look up to see Ushiwaka. I nodded to him.

"You can call me by my last name." I informed him as I wiped down the other desk. "Kiyo-kun wasn't kidding. You really are powerful."