20) Best Decision I Have Made (Final)

Lexa looks out the window, she sees nothing but white clouds. It seems like they aren't moving, but the occasional view of the world underneath them reminds her that they are actually flying through the air. The changing color of the sky as the sun sets relaxes her. A cackle from the row behind her breaks her from her relaxed stupor. Lexa recognizes Raven's laugh and she looks behind her from between the seats. Raven covers her mouth and silently apologizes when she notices Clarke move in her sleep.

"Lex?" Clarke asks groggily. "Are we there yet?"

"No, we have almost an hour left. Go back to sleep, love." Lexa whispers.

Clarke glances around and finds Harper watching a movie next to her. Their other friends are sleeping or talking to each other. The excitement of spending spring break in Cancun is mainly felt through Raven and Octavia behind them. With a sigh, she decides to sleep for a few more minutes so she leans her head back on Lexa's shoulder.

Lexa wraps her arms around Clarke and brings her closer. Clarke happily snuggles into her girlfriend and smiles when she feels a kiss being placed on her forehead.

It feels like she sleeps for only five more minutes when she feels a slight nudge.

"Clarke." Lexa says softly into her hear. "Wake up, we're about to land."

The group of rowdy friends are soon on their way to the hotel and it's not long before they are checked in and walking to their rooms.

The trip to Cancun had been Raven's idea, of course. She wanted a break from everything and proposed the idea of a vacation to everyone. It took some convincing, but the group of friends figured that they could get away for a few days. They got more excited as the day neared.

Clarke stumbles behind Lexa into their hotel room. She is very tired, especially since it is now nighttime. Both Clarke and Lexa had spent the whole day packing and hadn't slept much the night before due to the nerves and anticipation of their spring break.

They take turns taking showers and settling in before they begin to head down for dinner with everyone else. They had chosen an all-inclusive resort, so they wouldn't worry about where to eat all the time.

"Look who finally decided to join us!" Murphy states as the couple walks closer to the table where their friends are sitting. "What took you so long?"

Octavia snickers quietly and Raven wiggles her eyebrows. Clarke rolls her eyes as she takes a seat. "I had to practically drag Clarke out of bed." Lexa chuckles. "She fell asleep while I was in the shower."

"I forgot this is a buffet." Clarke groans.

Lexa laughs. "I can go get you some food. Just tell me what you want." She offers.

"Really?" Clarke looks up at her with her big, blue puppy eyes.

"Of course." Lexa smiles.

"Whipped." Jasper coughs. Everyone laughs, but Lexa and Clarke roll their eyes.

"Whatever you're getting. I'm so hungry I could eat anything."

Lexa nods her head. "Okay, I'll be right back with some food, beautiful." She leans down and pecks Clarke softly.

Clarke grins cheekily as some of their friends groan or pretend to gag at the display of affection.

After dinner, Clarke crashes immediately. She lays on top of the bed with her clothes and everything. Lexa helps her get settled after she gets ready for bed herself. She takes her shoes off and changes her into comfortable clothes. Clarke is completely limp, deep in her sleep. Lexa pulls the covers over her girlfriend and then lays down next to her. Of course that's when Clarke decides to regain some consciousness and moves to snuggle closer to Lexa. Lexa smiles and wraps her up in her arms. Clarke moves a bit to look at Lexa and puckers her lips. Lexa chuckles but leans in anyway.