8) I Need Your Help

She hears hushed whispers outside the bedroom door followed by tentative steps, making the wooden floor creak. She opens her sleepy eyes slightly in her half-asleep state. Not caring for the outside world right now, Lexa goes back to sleep.

After a few minutes, Clarke slowly makes her way to the guest bedroom. She sees that Lexa is still asleep soundly. Her brown curls spread out onto the pillow and the dried tears still covering her cheeks. Clarke lays back on the bed, facing the girl who poured her emotions out to her a few hours ago.

Out of all the things that she thought Lexa had gone through, never did she imagine that someone had taken advantage of her. Only thinking of that makes her blood boil and her heart ache for the unfortunate girl. This girl has gone through enough and all Clarke wants for her is to find nothing but happiness. She has cared for Lexa the second she saw how much she needed someone. Clarke has become Lexa's rock and safe place, the blonde is beginning to be aware of that. Although there is a lot of pressure to have someone dependent on you, Clarke is not afraid. Quite the opposite, actually, she is fueled by determination. She's determined to keep Lexa safe, healthy, and off the streets.

Last night, she saw how affected Lexa is by being in new situations. Has she always been like this? Clarke doesn't know. She doesn't know a lot of things about Lexa, but she's sure that time is all the girl needs to open up more.

Clarke is also not sure what to do with her friends in regards to Lexa. She thought everything was going smoothly, until Lexa practically ran out of the room. She still doesn't know what happened there, either. The only console she has is that at least Raven seems to be trying, Octavia on the other hand... not so much. Which is why she had woken up early and politely asked her friends to leave as soon as they were ready, before Lexa woke up. She feels bad for basically kicking them out, but Clarke knows that Lexa is much more comfortable with just her around.

A sigh escapes her lips as she tries to tame wild, brown curls as best as she can with one hand. Lexa shifts in her sleep and Clarke removes her hand, not wanting to disturb her. However, green eyes peek at her lazily for a second before closing again. Next thing Clarke knows, Lexa is scooting closer to her and burying her face in her shoulder.

This makes Clarke smile. Lexa is acting like a puppy or a small child, either way Clarke finds it endearing. She moves her hand to the brunette's back and scratches there for a while until she decides that they should go eat some breakfast. She doesn't want another repeat of yesterday and have Lexa going about her day on an empty stomach.

...

As the sun rose high above the sky, the blonde and brunette duo found themselves sitting by a window at a local small restaurant for lunch. They had just finished their shopping spree. The goal was to find Lexa a few items of clothing, but Clarke had gone overboard. She ended up buying a couple outfits for herself and Lexa found it amusing how Clarke would go to extents of convincing herself why she needed all those clothes.

Just as Lexa had requested, most of the shopping had been done in a second-hand store. Of course that didn't stop Clarke from also convincing Lexa to look around some other shops. She ended up buying some stuff there, unsurprisingly. At least they were on sale.

"Thank you, Clarke. For everything. You didn't have to do any of this, but I will pay you back every single penny as soon as I can-"

"Don't worry about it. I'm always happy to help you out. Besides...early birthday present, remember?" Clarke placed her hand over Lexa's for a second and gave her a smile. "So what are you going to order?" She says as she picks up her menu and skims through it once more.

"Uhh... I don't know. I'm not very hungry." Lexa claims, but Clarke knows that she's only saying that because she feels bad for having Clarke pay for everything.