4) It's Been a Long Day

Clarke grabs the bags from her car and goes to unlock her front door. Upon entering, her eyes instantly go to the couch. Lexa's not there. Clarke furrows her eyebrows, but is a little relieved when she sees an empty bowl and cup on the coffee table. She goes into her kitchen to place the bags down and notices the bathroom light turned on.

Slowly, Clarke makes her way to the small, downstairs bathroom and knocks on the door before letting herself in. She sighs when she sees that Lexa has fallen asleep on the floor. At least she hopes she's asleep and that she hadn't fainted.

She kneels down next to the brunette and moves some of her hair out of the way. "Lexa?" Clarke whispers.

Lexa opens her eyes slowly and picks her head up a little. "Hmm?"

"Hey," Clarke smiles, "What happened?"

Lexa lifts her head up fully and moves back a little. "I ate the soup —which was really good, by the way— but a few minutes later, I felt sick. I couldn't keep it down, and I ended up here. Sorry."

"I'm sorry that you feel terrible." Clarke tells her gently, scared that she'll make Lexa's headache worse if she raises her voice. "I got you your medications. Let me go fix that for you while you clean up a bit. There's a new toothbrush in the cabinet, if you'd like to use it."

"Please," Lexa chuckles lightly.

Clarke leaves to get Lexa's first medicine ready and Lexa busies herself by brushing her teeth thoroughly. After both girls are done with their tasks, they end up back on the couch. Clarke gives Lexa something to fight the bacteria and lower her fever.

By then, the time is around eight at night. Lexa is drowsy and needs as much sleep as she can get. It's still a little early for Clarke, but she figures that she can help Lexa settle in for the night and she can stay up a little longer afterwards. "Okay, let's get you to bed. You need your rest."

Lexa goes to lay down on the couch and grabs the blanket. "I'm tired," she yawns.

Clarke chuckles, but takes the blanket away from Lexa. "Not so fast, Lexa. You're not sleeping here." Lexa eyes the blonde in confusion. "You will be sleeping on a bed, not a couch. The guest room is waiting for you."

"I'm fine here, really. I'm used to sleeping on the ground, anyway."

"Nonsense. Come on, let's get you to bed." Clarke stands up and starts to pull Lexa up as well before she has time to argue. Clarke leads Lexa to an empty room upstairs, next to hers, and pulls the covers back. "Alright, get in."

Lexa hesitates a bit at the door. She takes a quick glance at the room and sees how neat it is. The walls are decorated with various art pieces that match the soft color scheme of grays and blues. The queen size bed looks so soft and comfy, it makes Lexa more tired just by looking at it and all she wants to do now is bury herself under the covers. She walks slowly to the bed and plops herself down. Clarke pulls the comforter over Lexa's body as she settles into the sheets. Instantly, Lexa sighs in contentment.

Clarke smiles fondly, proud of herself for providing Lexa with the warmth and comfort that she has been deprived of for so long. She takes a moment to brush Lexa's hair with her fingers and notices her breathing even out quickly. "Goodnight, Lexa." She whispers before slipping out of the room.

She goes downstairs to eat something and make some arrangements. As she sits on her kitchen table about to eat a sandwich, Clarke grabs her phone and goes through her contacts. After a few minutes, she has found a substitute for tomorrow and has her schedule cleared. She's going to be busy nursing Lexa back to health.

...

A little over an hour later, Clarke finds herself checking on Lexa through the ajar door. She notices that the sleeping girl is shivering slightly and goes to grab a blanket from a chair in the corner to lay it over her.