18) I've Got You

Clarke and Lexa have been slowly rebuilding their trust. It seems like they are closer than ever, especially since admitting their love for each other. They actually can't stop saying it and are constantly filling each other with reassurance.

Lexa has surprised Clarke with flowers a couple times when she gets home after work. Clarke has been sending Lexa sweet texts throughout the day and showers her with affection any chance she gets. Yeah, they have become that couple.

Because they have been doing so well, it surprises Lexa when Clarke suggests that they should have a weekend getaway. At a cabin, to be exact.

So that is where they are headed right now. Clarke is driving while holding Lexa's hand. The brunette is gazing out the window and watching the city being left behind. Soft music plays quietly in the background as they make their way to a wooded area where they plan to spend the weekend in a cabin.

Clarke thought it would be a good idea to get away and connect more with her girlfriend. Lexa loved the idea and agreed to spend an entire weekend with just Clarke.

After nearly three hours, Lexa begins to see a couple of signs advertising cabin spots. Clarke turns and drives into a dirt road. They pass by different cabins that are spaced out from one another. Not a lot of people can be seen considering that it's just a random weekend.

"We're almost there, babe." Clarke says. Lexa feels a little bit of excitement within her. She has never stayed in a cabin before, so it will definitely be a new experience.

Clarke pulls the car up to a cabin. The whole area is surrounded by trees so it provides lots of privacy from other cabins. The sun is beginning to set and the sky has an orange tint to it. They drove out here a little after both finished work and planned on leaving Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow will be their only full day.

"This looks nice." Lexa comments.

"You've ever been in a cabin?" Clarke asks as she turns the car off.

"No. My parents would only take me on vacation with them once a year. We always went to a beach, though."

"Well then let's go check this cabin out." They exit the car and are met with a chilling breeze. Maybe December wasn't the best month to spend at the cabin, but they desperately needed some time away from all responsibilities.

Once inside, Lexa feels how cozy it is. It's a small cabin with just one bedroom and one bathroom. The living room and kitchen are not very big either, but they are open spaces. The wood that the cabin is made of also gives it a rustic feeling. Lexa sees a fireplace and knows that she will light it later and snuggle up with Clarke.

Clarke takes their bag and puts in the bedroom. She comes out to the living room and finds Lexa still looking around. She chuckles and kisses her cheek. "Come one, let's make some food. It's way past dinner."

They cook some food together from the small amount of groceries that they brought with them for the weekend. After they finish eating, Lexa decides to tackle the fireplace as Clarke cleans up and changes into comfortable pajamas.

"What the fuck?!" Lexa exclaims in irritation. Lighting a fire in the fireplace was not going very well. "I knew I should've done girl scouts instead of gymnastics."

Clarke laughs as she goes to sit on the couch in front of the fireplace and watch Lexa struggle. "You did gymnastics?"

"Yeah, just for a few months. I quit after I fell off a beam and got hurt."

Clarke laughs again and suddenly remembers that they had brought stuff to make s'mores. She goes to grab them as Lexa keeps messing with the fireplace.