We started splitting up the parts of the song so we wouldn't be singing together the entire time. Demi has more parts though since she's the one being in a contest.

We practiced for a while till we got tired and then decided to let it be for today. "Let's go swimming." I said and got my ass upstairs to change into a bathing suite. "Aren't you coming?" I yelled since Demi was still downstairs. I didn't get anything in response so I walked out of the room to check if she's doing alright.

As I walked out I heard she was talking to someone on the phone.

"Yeah, alright, I get it. We'll be home by tonight. Thanks." She sighed and threw her phone to the ground as soon as she finished the conversation.

"Demi? What's going on?" I asked her. "Madeline's in the hospital." She let down a tear and I gave her a hug. "What for baby?" I asked. "She fell down the stairs. Marissa was watching a movie and apparently she wanted to come downstairs because she couldn't sleep and then she tripped over." She sighed. "Let's go pack our stuff. You need to go home to your baby girl." I wiped away her tears and we walked upstairs to start packing our things.

That was a short holiday but it's alright. We'll catch up another time.

"I'm sorry." Demi looked at me. "I know you really looked forward to this trip, so did I, but I really just need to be there for Madeline right now. She has a few broken ribs and a broken leg. She hasn't stopped crying ever since she woke up in the hospital." She shrugged. "I get it Dems, don't worry about it. You need to be there for her because she needs her mommy. It's okay." I gave her a kiss.

Home

When we arrived, we immediately got ourselves to the hospital Madeline's in. We kind of rushed inside and a woman behind the desk led us to her room.

"Baby." Demi said as we stepped into the room and she looked at her daughter. "Mommy!" Madeline squealed but then yanked in pain because of the excitement. "Lay down baby girl. I'm here." She softly smiled at her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I fell." Madeline shrugged. "How come daring?" Demi asked her. "It was dark and I wanted to come downstairs because I couldn't sleep. I was scared." She explained to Demi.

"You should've yelled for Marissa to come upstairs princess." Demi sighed. "I did, two times. She didn't come so I wanted to go downstairs but then I fell." Madeline said. "Alright. Are you in pain? Did the doctors make you feel better?" She changed the subject and is clearly pissed at Marissa.

"I'm okay. They gave me happy pills." She smiled. "What are those 'happy pills'?" Demi asked her. "They make the pain go away so I can sleep. That's what doctor Bennett told me." Madeline happily said.

Their conversation went on for a while till it was time for her to get some sleep after all of these new impressions. She's also still in pain from the fall so she'll need her rest.

"Think before you speak." I mumbled to Demi as she was going to find Marissa. "What do you mean? She left my child to fall." She sighed and I rolled my eyes at her. "You're overreacting. Get to the point, Demi. She could've been asleep and that's why she didn't hear Madeline calling for her. It could've happened to you either. Be easy on her." I told her.

"I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life if it was on me." She mumbled underneath her breath. "Maybe she does too." I added and then walked after her as she was still going to find Marissa.

Once we found her, all hell broke loose. All I could do is to just mentally sigh.

"How dare you leave my child to fall down the stairs?!" Demi yelled as she saw Marissa. "Calm down. What do you mean?" Marissa asked with sleepy eyes. She didn't sleep the night either.

"I mean that my daughter has called you twice that night and then went downstairs and fell because you didn't care enough to go upstairs." Demi said. "What the fuck Demi. I was literally watching a movie that night and I fell asleep. Shit like that happens. I'm not 24/7 awake, if that's what you think." She explained and Demi just rolled her eyes.

"I wish I didn't leave her with you." Demi sighed and kind of whispered but absolutely loud enough for Marissa to hear.

"Fuck off Demi. I tried my best to give her a great time and make fun memories with her. I love her to death and I immediately called an ambulance for her. I did everything I could, if I didn't, she wouldn't have made it. You're welcome. Have a nice evening." Marissa calmly, but pissed, said and walked out on us.

"Thanks Demi." I said and walked after Marissa.

"Are you okay?" I asked Marissa. "I'm fine. You should ask Demi if she's okay because she's clearly not, in every perspective." She shrugged.

"Come back, please." I almost begged her. "Forget it. I'll let her be if that's what she wants. I'll get my stuff at her place and then I'll be gone." She said and walked out of the building.

"Demi." I said as I walked up to her. "Why did you do that? I told you to fucking think before you speak. It's not her fault." I asked her. "You don't know shit Julie." She said.

"You don't know shit either. We weren't there that night. We don't know what happened and as far as I believe, Marissa has been your best friend for several years now. I guess you can trust her on this Demi. She knows you best and you know her best of all." I explained to her.

"Why are you picking sides?" Her mood changed a bit in the wrong direction. "I'm not. I just don't think you made the right decision by saying all of that to her." I said.

"Why don't you just go fuck her Julie? Why don't you go after her? Begging her for forgiveness? Fuck off." She pushed me aside, leaving me clueless.

————————————————————————
27.09.20
Vote and comment for more! ❤️