Part 5

Alessia:

"Lauden and the Vampire King were just the beginning." Serafine says and she looks as if she is bracing herself for a some big reaction.

"Why the fuck am I just now figuring out about this!?" I ask angrily and I make sure to put a lot of emphasis on fuck.

"We didn't want to stress you out A." My brother says and I glare over at him.

"So what? You think the Vampire Queen is trying to kill us?" I ask them and Serafine nods.

"Yeah but- we- I think that since her mate is dead she should be dead to. When your mate dies your body weakens to the point of death. She is either already dead or extremely weak." Serafine says matter of factly and I clear my throat.

In a bedtime story my mom used to read to me, there was a section of the book about an evil vampire who body jumped and my mom always told me how cunning and sneaky vampires are. They can easily impersonate someone but only the strong ones can posses an entire body.

"She is the Queen meaning she is strong. Yeah her mate is dead and her original body is weak but whose to say she didn't jump into someone else. She did say someone close to Jameson and I would betray us." I say and Jameson's eyes widen.

"So you think, The Vampire Queen has possessed someone?" Megan asks and I nod.

"Vanessa is the only one missing let's get her here and ask her a few questions." I say and Matteo and Jameson both look at me with wide eyes.

"I don't think my Vanessa would be a threat." Matteo says and I roll my eyes.

"Think about it. She is close to Jameson and I. And she is currently missing from this meeting." I say and Matteo growls in her defense.

"If that's the case then it could be anyone in this damn room." Matteo says and I huff in frustration.

"Okay well we need to get to the bottom of this-" I say before I am rudely interrupted by Jameson.

"Alessia you don't need to be involved in this." He says and I glare at him.

"Well, it's been three damn months and none of you ass wipes have figured out any thing! I bet i'm your first lead in months. This is not just your Kingdom it's mine and I will insert myself into the situation because you and these goons obviously can't figure this shit out without me!" I yell and they all look at me with angry and disappointed eyes. They all know deep down that what I am saying is true. No matter how rude I sound.

"Alessia-" Serafine starts to say and I cut her off.

"No! I don't want to hear it! You could have used your magic to find something or do something about this situation. Or the rest of you could have went to the elders or opened a damn book to do research on vampires! We have given them too much time to prepare and plan! Charmane is going to strike and we have no plan!" I yell and they all put there heads down. I clear my throat and stand up from the chair slowly. I grab my purse and sling it over my shoulder before walking out of the office.

I walk to the clinic and into Gabriella's personal room. She is laying on the bed eating her food. When she sees me she puts her fork down and turns the television down.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"I am feeling okay just tired." She says and I nod.

"I know this is a little unexpected and you don't have to answer anything you don't want to." I tell her and she squints her eyes in confusion.

"Do you remember why you were in the kitchen to begin with?" I ask and she looks up in thought.