SAB 15: HOSPITAL

Y'all see that beautiful cover right... in the media? It's a work of classykrissi. Like damn! Her covers are good. They're 👌👌👌🖒🖒🖒🔥🔥🔥 lit. If you need amazing covers, then contact her classykrissi.

___

This chapter is dedicated to sadlazyicecream. Thanks a bunch for your votes and comments.

<><><><><>

My eyes were closed, but I could hear beeping... beeping from... machines? Weird. I'm in school. How can I...

Wait a minute. I opened my eyes. My eyes were greeted with the sight of a drip connected to my arm, machines which I had no idea that they existed. I was also taken aback by myself. I was putting on a white robe. Oh no! I'm in a hospital!

"Hello. I'm Doctor Keegan. Your family doctor and your doctor. Can I ask you a few questions?" Doctor Keegan asked, as he came in.

He looks like he's in his mid thirties.

"It's not like I have a choice." I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes.

"Yes you may." I said. "You know, I heard what you said. "Of course you did. I said it loud enough for you to hear." I deadpanned. "No. I mean I heard the first thing you said." He said. Whatever.

"Oh." I said.

"By the way, I love your moon-star necklace. It's pretty." He said. The necklace my real mom gave me when I was little. The day I left, Miss Eve gave it to me, saying they found it on me when they found me on the...

That's true!! I haven't asked her about that. I need to go to the orphanage to ask her. I...

"Kevin, how old are you?" He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Fourteen." I replied. I need to get out of here.

***

"I hope you don't stress yourself too much?" He asked. Uh! I'm getting really annoyed. This. Is. The. Seventh. Question. This. Guy. Is. Asking.

"Yess." I said, in an exasperated manner. "How do..."

"Look. I get the fact that you're trying to help me and I'm okay with that. But your questions, they are exasperating. They are too much." I chipped in.

"I'm happy you get the fact that I'm trying to help you. But these questions are important. I need answers to help you." He answered.

"Help? How's my name gonna help you to 'help me'?" I air-quoted. "Look kiddo, you won't understand." He said.

"Great. Then I can leave, can't I?" I asked as I stood up. Not waiting for his reply.

"To the bed!" He ordered. "And if I act otherwise?"

"The drip." He said. I yanked it off my arm. Believe me when I say this; IT HURT. But I have to see Miss Eve. I need answers.

I saw two nurses walk in. But I couldn't care less about them. I need answers.

"Come back. Lie down. If you cooperate, then you'll leave. But if you don't, it's your problem." He said.

No. I should go to Miss Eve.

Cooperate, so you'll leave.

Whatever. I rolled my eyes. I lay on the bed.

"Good." He said.

He looked at a file brought by one of the nurses.

"So uhh... why am I here?" I asked, breaking the silence. He called me back and he isn't saying anything. If he thinks I'll stay here silent, then he's wrong. Besides, I have something better to do.

"Patience kid, patience."

"Well that's something I've ran out of. You know what, I'm leaving."

"Wait Kevin!" He called out. I didn't answer.

"Do you want to know what ailment you have?" He asked. I retracted my hand from the door knob. He caught my interest.

Really, what's wrong with me? What ailment do I have? Is that the reason why I faint?

"Yes. I do." I said, facing him.

"Okay. You..." He paused.

Speak!

"What?" I asked after three minutes of silence.

No answer. I guess he isn't ready to tell me. But he has to.

I sat on the bed, looking at him.

"What's wrong with me? What ailment do I have?" I asked, tapping my foot impatiently.

One minute. Nothing.

Two minutes. Nothing.

Three minutes. Nothing.

Four minutes. Nothing.

Five minutes passed by, yet no reply.

That does it!

I walked swiftly to the door, taking large strides. I heard footsteps behind me. I think they belong to the nurses.

I held the door knob.

"You have..."

I felt a sharp piercing on my left arm. It was like I was injected. That was the only thing I heard before I blacked out.

<><><><><>

QOTC: What do y'all think is wrong with Kevin? What ailment do you think he has? The person that gets it correctly will get a shout-out in the chapter I'll reveal his ailment.

Please vote, comment and share.

#YourVoteMatters

#YVM

This book will be on hiatus for some time. Reason being that, the next chapters contain parts which some of you may not like. So I'll write 'that part' so you can skip it (that's if you don't like it). I'm gonna explain this properly in the next update. And also, I need to focus on my other books which are drafts for now. But I'll publish 'em soon. Till then I remain your lovely author;

🔵🔴PrincessTee🔴🔵