SAB 9: SURPRISE

This chapter is dedicated to Sofiagenius. She's one of the peeps that voted and commented when SAB (Shattered And Broken) was on hiatus. Thanks so much. And also you were like... the blurb captivated you. Thanks sm. I didn't know it was... captivating😁. Thanks.

***
mom. Yippee!

After I had my bath, I wore a tux. You know, to add the official look.

"Kevin, come downstairs to have your breakfast." Mom yelled. "Yes mom." I said.

"Haaaa!!!" I heard Natasha laugh. Soon, Natalia and Jeremy joined her. Mom, dad and Kyra were trying to suppress their laughter. I know why they're laughing. It's because of my tux.

"It isn't funny. I'm trying my best to look responsible by putting this on." I said, pointing my tuxedo. "Whatever. It is." Natasha said.

"Hold on. I ain't... laughing because of your... tux. It's because of the way... your... your hair is styled." Kyra said amidst laughter. "Exactly." Mom and dad chorused. "The tux suits you." Dad said. I heard Natasha cough. A fake cough to be precise. "Exactly." Natalia said sarcastically.

"Come Kevin. Come with me to my room. You need a makeover." Kyra said. "Totally." Natalia said. "And breakfast?" Mom asked. My eyes diverted to the table. I saw some pancakes and syrup. Yum! "We'll have breakfast and then the makeover." Kyra said.

"I want to come with you for Kevin's makeover." Jeremy said. "Oh no. Nooo." Natalia and Natasha said. "Why?" Kyra asked. "He's gonna pick a very awkward outfit for Kevin. Just like he did last time." Natasha said. "I thought you were only gonna restyle my hair." I whined. "You really wanna wear the tux?" Kyra asked. I nodded my head, signifying a 'yes'. "Hell no! You ain't putting that piece of crap on." Natalia said. Whhyyy??!! I wanna put it on!

I sat down, happily eating the pancakes and syrup.

***

"This suits you." Jeremy said. Oh no! "You expect me to wear this?" I asked. A black baggy jean and an oversized brown shirt. A really oversized brown shirt. I bet if he wore it, he'd be practically swimming in it. Talk more of me.

"Noo!" Kyra said. "It ain't bad. It's actually dope. You mustn't always put on tight clothes." Jeremy said. "No. No. No. You're getting it all wrong. I agree wearing baggy clothes is kinda dope, but NOT THIS KIND OF BAGGY, JEM!!" Kyra said. She was practically screaming.

"Okay, okay. I get it." Jem said. "Good. Kev, check this out." She said. She held a yellow shirt and brown slacks. "Nah. Yellow isn't my colour. I don't really like it. Yellow and green." I shuddered at the thought of those two colours. Yellow reminds me of a disease. As for green, I don't know why I don't like it. "You think what you selected is cool, check this out." Jeremy said.

"Wooowwww!" Kyra and I chorused. "I'm so proud of you, brother. For the first time in your life, you selected something good. Wow!" Tacha said, as she hugged Jeremy soo tight. "Thank you." He said. "Now put it on. Mom is waiting for you." Talia said.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I wore grey sweatpants paired with matching grey sweatshirt and white vans.

"Thanks Jem! You're truly a gem." I said, giving him a peck on his cheek. I ran down the stairs to mom. I wonder what she would say.

"No. No. No. You aren't wearing that." Mom said. "But mom! He looks cute." Talia said. "No buts. He isn't wearing this and that's final." Mom said. "Moommm." We whined. "Hon, he's okay the way he is. Let him go wearing this. Please? For my sake." Dad said. We all chorused an 'awww'.

"Okay. Yes you may wear that." Mom said. "Yaayyy!" We chorused.

***

Today was soo fun! I helped mom and I played a lot. I made friends with two girls and four boys. They're so funny. I made new friends doesn't mean I've forgotten about my friends from the orphanage. As for Hailey... Hailey?? Oh my God! I totally forgot about her. I hope she isn't angry with me, because I didn't pay her a visit. I should ask mom and dad. But what if they don't agree? I should give it a try.

"Mom, dad, there's something I want to... no, I need to ask the both of you." I said. "What is it, son?" Dad asked. "I want to pay Hailey a visit today." I voiced. "Finally you asked before going." Dad said. "But I asked last time." I said. "And then you left the house sneakily." Mom added. "I'm sorry." I said. "Pablo will drop you off." Dad said. "Thanks so much, dad." I said. "And your mom?" He asked. I gave her a peck on her cheek. I ran out of the room.

***

"Who are you here to see?" A blonde man asked. "Hailey."

"Hailey? A dark-skinned girl. She puts on glasses, doesn't she?" He asked. "She does."

"She has been adopted." He said. His words hit me had. My Hailey has been adopted? Why? I felt tears escaping my eyes. My Hailey. How will I see her again? She left. She couldn't even tell me. Who am I kidding? She doesn't know where I reside. How...

"Kevin! She isn't here." Pablo said, as he dragged my hand, towards the car.

I looked out through the window of the car. I saw two children, a girl and a boy to precise. They were playing. Just like Hailey and I. We never played that way. But the few moments we spent together...

I feel so devastated.

It's not the end of the world, Kevin. You'll see her... maybe not now... someday.

Thanks buddy. I'll see her... someday. Though it's gonna take a really long time, I'll see her someday.

××××

"Kevin, there's a surprise for ya!" Kyra said. "A surprise, what is it?" I asked half excitedly, half sadly. "Come with us." Mom and dad said simultaneously.

<><><><><>

A/N: What's this surprise Mr and Mrs Grey speak of? Find out in the next chapter.

QOTC: What's your favourite colour?

AAOTC: They're much. Red and blue. Others include: maroon, orange, dark shade of grey, black and brown respectively. I really don't know which colour I love more between red and blue. I love 'em both soo muucchh.

Please vote, comment and share.

#YVM

🔵🔴PrincessTee🔴🔵

Over And Out✌✌