The sub - conscious

Deaton stared at her cautiously. While ever one was focused on Emma, he went to find the dragon book once again. When he found it he put it on one of the gray counters. He flipped through the pages. His face dropped.

He was right.

Sometimes when dragons are inflicted with too much pain while unconscious, for a defense mechanism, they will go through something called voluntary amnesia. Once their sub conscious decides that is 100% safe, their memory will come back. WARNING: ONCE THEY  COME BACK THEY WILL SEEK VENGEANCE ON THE PERSON WHO CAUSED THEY THE PAIN. Damn it  Deaton thought to himself.

He slowly turned back to the group. He didn't know if it was Stiles or him who gave her the amnesia. Scott turned around as if knowing he was concerned.

"What, what is it" Scott asked with a concerned look. Deaton looked at Emma then to Stiles then to Scott.

"Have have very bad news" He said while looking at Stiles. Stiles was a taken back.

"Emma doesn't have any of her memories because she went through voluntary amnesia" Everyone looked confused. " It's a defense mechanism. When someone hurts her so bad she basically shuts off and becomes incoherent, like so" he said pointing to Emma who is laying on her back staring at the ceiling. Everyone looked.

"So, what's the bad part" Lydia asked.

"When her sub conscious decides it's 100% safe, she will 'wake up' and seek vengeance on who inflicted the pain on her. Since we don't have a clear idea when she went into the amnesia, it could be me or Stiles who did this".

Stiles looked horrified. So did everyone else. But they were pulled from their little oh-god moment, to hear a gasp for air.