Siver substance

Melissa started at Emma with wide eyes. It seemed like an eternity till she moved again. She came over, grabbing Emma's shoulders, not once breaking eye contact. Then out of no where she pulled her into a tight hug.

"I thought you were dead. We thought you were dead. How is this possible" Melissa said pulling back from her hug.

"I don't know"

"When Scott brought you in, you had no pulse and you weren't breathing"

What are you talking about, I never even passed out, Emma thought to herself. Emma scanned the hallways of the busy hospital. She felt something strange, something inhuman. Her vision started to blur again. Losing her balance she fell, Melissa caught her right before she hit the ground.

"Ok, ok I think you need to rest" Melissa demanded.

Emma was still scanning the hallways, something didn't feel right. Before she could tell what it was, everything went black.

There was a mix between gasps and screams as the lights failed. Emma strained her eyes to see but with no avail. She could only see within five feet of her. Emma could only hear all of the people running around, some how trying to fix the lights.

"Damn it" cursed Melissa who still had an iron grip on Emma's shoulders. Emma looked back up to Melissas worried face. She had never noticed before, how strong she was. Chaos was erupting all around her and yet she maintained her cool, where as any other people would be going crazy right now.

She also noticed the slight wrinkles in her forehead and around her eyes. She spent time worrying but also spent time laughing. Emma was confused at the thought and dismissed it. Right before Emma was about to say something a piercing scream echoed through the dark hallways.

Diverting her attention to where the scream was, Emma broke away from the iron grip and slowly marched her way down the hallway.

"Whoa, where do you think you're going" Melissa said trying to stop Emma. Still walking Emma turned her head to her left where Melissa was and  simply said "I'm going to see who screamed"

"You need to rest, like right now"

Stumbling she said "I'm fine but the person who scream is clearly not" turning her head again to face the nurse " and aren't you a nurse shouldn't you be running to see why a person is screaming"

Suddenly the lights flickered again and this time the scream was a blood curdling, hair raising scream. Hearing this Emma did not hear Melissas reply and turned her head back down the hallway. Her marching turned into sprinting. Half way through the hallway, her legs gave out beneath her. Her vision blurred as she saw three men in black trench coats slowly walking away from a gurney. On the gurney a boy, not even older than fifteen, covered in a silver substances. One of the men had a long ,slender cane.

Weird, she thought to herself slowly.
With bone crunching thud, she hit the ground. Her vision had come back to her, she was now staring a the bottom of a door. She blinked a few times to clear her vision. Using her front arms she tried to get up but failed. She landed on the cold floor once again. Proping herself up with one arm, she looked at the arm that was aching. Her wrist was swollen, most likely from the fall. Great, she thought to herself. She leaned on her one arm slowly getting up to make sure she doesn't hit the cold floor again.

She looked at the gurney and the boy was still there. Brushing off her hospital dress, she looked down and cursed at herself for not finding an extra pair of clothes already. Looking up she slowly walked over to the boy. Her muscles in her legs felt like they were on fire. As if she hadn't ran in months. Standing right next to the boy, she put her hand over mouth in horror. Silver substance was coming from his eyes, noses, mouth, and ears.

She scanned him from head to toe. Under all the silver she could tell that he had fair skin and bleach blonde hair.At the end of the gurney was a clip board. Picking up the clip board she read the report.

Name: John Doe
Age: 10-15
Accident: Was in car accident. No family member anywhere near him.
Symptoms: A silver substance, might be mercury, oozing from wounds. Fatal wounds to the head and torso.

Emma slowly put down the clip board and thought to herself, what in the actual hell. Right as she was about to investigate more. Melissa came running up behind her pulling her away from the boy. She pulled Emma so that they would be face to face. Melissas eyes widened once again. "How did you cut your forehead" pulling her over to a first aid kit hanging on the wall. Emma instinctively looked up while raising her hand to touch the wound but Melissa grabbed her hand, bring it back down. Emma sat down in a wooden, cushion chair next to wall.
Melissa grabbed a few cotton swabs and rubbing achoal. Still thinking about the boy behind her, she jumped when the nurse put achoal in her wound. She must of hit head when she fell on the floor. I really need to work on my  coordination skills, Emma thought to herself.

"Jeez, Emma what did you do to your wrist" Melissa said with a sigh. Emma looked down at her wrist and remembered that she had fallen. Thinking back to when she fell she remembered the three men. What were they, she thought to herself.

"Uh, I think I hurt it when I fell in the hallway"

Melissa sighed again, closing her eyes she pinched bridge of her nose.
"You really need to be more careful" opening her eyes and looking back up, she grabbed some wrapping tape and started to wrap Emma's wrist. "Plus, what makes up think you can sprint like you use to, when you've been dead, well I guess asleep, for weeks"

Emma's eyes widened, what did she just say.