Chapter 7

↤↤↤↤↤ ------------------------------------- ↦↦↦↦↦

P. Mafia's headquarters/ The great meeting/ 19:00/ Y/n's pov

I enter the red lightning room and all my executives stand up. I sit in my chair and immeadiately announce the meeting open.

Everyone sits and I present the case: "We've been getting countinous threats from a organization named "Rats in the house of the dead" whose leader is no other than Fyodor Dostoyevsky. 

  In my mind, I recall the day i first met Dazai. I'm still not over how much he has changed. I try to ignore these thoughts and focus on the case. I mean, it's only been 6 months. Do I really know him? I stare at Dazai for a moment and I realize... For the first time, he was know wearing a black coat, white shirt and a black collar. His little green pendant had dissapeared. Luckily, his right eye was healed, but still he kept the bandage around it. Something else seemed to be broken in him.  

"Boss and I have been discussing about this matter for a few days, and we've come to a conclusion." - Dazai continues as he sees me spaced out.

Chuuya secretly touches my hand and gestures me asking if something was wrong. I pat his hand and continue:

"The plan is simple. Chuuya will be out of town for a week. My best man will go with him. I've gotten information about their headquarters, Chuuya will make sure if it is false or true. And when we find it, we'll attack."

"Why are we attacking? What do those threats contain?" -Kyouyu asks.

"There's no need for you to know its information. In one letter, he threatens us with something very important to me. I can't let that slide so easily."

"Dazai will be staying with me for the upcoming week, helping me with my training. As for now, there is no need to spread the news around. There's a spy inside of us. At least that's what I understood by the letter. We must remain vigilent. Chuuya, you'll leave tonight. Everything must go according to plan."

I get up from my seat and everyone stands up. Whilst Dazai sits again in his seat, reviewing some papers, Chuuya follows me into the office.  

"You'll be careful, right?" - I ask Chuuya, since he would go make the preparations for leaving tonight.

"I'll be fine. Everything is going to be alright. I believe in you." - Chuuya smiles and I hug him tightly.

 I have a bad feeling letting him leave. However, I can't stop him. It must de done.

"Chuuya, please tell Dazai to come here. I have something I would like to discuss with him."

A few minutes pass and Dazai enters my office.

I stare at him while he comes closer to my front desk. I get up, pushing off my coat from my shoulders. Dazai stares at me from head to toe, never seeing me without my coat on. I rest against my desk holding a piece of paper:

"Have you figured what this letter contains?" - I ask him and he remains silent.

"Ok then, I'll read it for you." - I open the letter and start reading.

Dear Y/n

I hope this letter finds you in good health. Recently, the weather is getting warmer as spring approaches. What a beautiful time to live in, don't you think? However, months ago on our first encounter you took something from me. I want it back. I'll admit it, I have tried many ways to get inside your building. I could have easily made it but, where's the fun in that? I'll give you a week of time. To make it more entertaining, I want you to find my hideout by yourself and bring me what I want. If not, say goodbye to that precious Dazai of yours. The rumors say he's a hopeless romantic when it comes to you. It'd be better if I end his suffering.