Chapter 2

↤↤↤↤↤ ------------------------------------- ↦↦↦↦↦

Y/n's pov

While holding Dazai carefully, I stop at the corner of a small building  when I hear him moan in pain.

"I should take you to the hospital. But then again, I'm not a good friend of state institutions. Maybe our doctor can help you." - I explain and Dazai just nods.

"Boss!" - I hear a familiar voice calling me from the other side of the street. It was Chuuya's.

"Chuuya! - I grasp at the sight of Chuuya's shoulder injury. 

A feeling of regret shakes my voice. I couldn't see him in pain, not even a little bit. I knew he could take the strongest of hits but, still... He's my best executive, my right hand man, most of all he's my friend, my only one.

Dazai glanced at Chuuya then stared at me for a moment but couldn't manage to keep his head up.

"Is that your boyfriend?" - Dazai asked with an ironic tone.

"What do you mean by 'that'? - I raise my voice. - He's an executive. You better show some respect."

I roll my eyes by ignoring the stupid question.

"Stay there, the black lizards are coming to pick us up."- I say to Chuuya as I grab Dazai, who fell from my embrace since he had already passed out.

...

At Port Mafia's building

"That man is smart, he wouldn't look at my eyes... - I say to Dazai, now awake, laying in a white sheet bed, resting.

"Of course he saw through your ability."- Dazai claimed, closing his left eye due to being deeply disturbed by the lightbulb shining in the ceiling. His right eye was severely injured.

"You noticed as well?" - I ask surprised. - If you were to see my eyes you would get paralyzed. How did you notice them?" 

 "By accident. However, I believe it only affects the one you're aiming for. Don't you know?" - He asks me.

"I can't quite control it fully. I could have hurt you as well."

"But you didn't, because I wasn't your objective. Lucky for us, you were fully concious when using your ability. If you weren't, things would get out of hand..." - Dazai claimed.

 "The one I'm aiming for can't see my eyes turning green when activating my ability, thus not having the chance to defend. How did he realize?' - I question spacing out into my thoughts.

"You ask too many questions. I need to rest."- I could hear Dazai's voice slowly fading into space. I understood he needed some time alone.

"Alright then." - I make my way to the exit door.

"One more thing... thank you." - Dazai thanked me while getting his head up from his white pillow, feeling pain from his injures.

"No need to move. You'll hurt yourself. But what was that again, I didn't quite catch it."- I asked him teasingly to brighten up the mood a little bit. I could hear him laughing. That laugh of his, so... melodic. Like a beautiful musical note coming from the best violinist in the world.

"Thank you for saving me back there. I would have never excpected such a heroic act form the Port Mafia's leader." - He said while looking at his green little pendant.

"You kinda were. And you even asked me for it. At the traffic light... You knew what was going to happen, didn't you? - I ask him rhetorically. Dazai looks me in the eye not even trying to answer.