Chapter 30

AMELIA POV

"How about a partnership?"

An involuntary smile spreads across my face as I get what I wanted.

"Hmm...I don't know Chopra, don't think I have time to work with people of such low stature." I smirk. He laughs dryly.

"Amelia I'm still the best you could work with." He scoffs. 

"But I don't need a partnership with you anymore, if anything you need me now."

"I don't need anything Miss Davis, but I want you." His voice lowers.

"I'll meet you in an hour at your office." I end the call.

I leave my drink, only having had less than half of it and eat the leftovers from dinner before leaving to meet Chopra.

Going to his office was much easier as I know that the media would be surrounding Eva Enterprises for a chance to interview me, however no one would think I'm going to meet my competition.

His secretary takes me to his office and tells me that he will "join me shortly".

"I warned you, in a month you'll be begging to work with me." I smirk as he walks into the office.

"Good morning to you too." He says, sitting before me, he didn't have his usual smirk this time.

"Why did you call me here?"

"You're officially the best." He says bitterly "and I want a part of it."

"I-"

"But first." He cuts me off "I want to see proof that he really gave up his company to you."

I pull the document out of my handbag, and hand it to him to see. I had made sure that Xavier didn't include anything about me returning the company to him in a week because I knew that Chopra would want to see.

"Don't even try anything, me and Xavier both have about 20 copies of that document each." I warn.

He chuckles "I don't play that dirty."

He takes his time reading the contract, not believing his eyes.

"How did you get him to do this?" His voice is laced with disbelief.

"Kings Corp is in better hands, it's better to watch it thrive with me than die with him."

"Let's talk business now?" He says I nod and he tells me what he wants. "I'll take 10% of your business and vice versa"

"And why is your 10% worth the same as mine?" I ask raising an eyebrow, I would be losing money this way. 

He doesn't say anything.

"I'll do 10%, but you'll only get 10% of Eva Enterprises, I'm keeping King all to myself."

"That's nothing new, we could've done that before you took Kings Corp." he says.

"Well, you took your time and now I'm calling the shots, 10% or I'm leaving."

"Fine," he raises his hands in surrender. After thinking for a few moments he nods. "I'll do it."