Chapter 20

XAVIER POV

"Boss man!" Leroy coolly walks into my office, I give him a look about not knocking.

"What do you want Leroy." I roll my eyes.

"I'm heading to the club tonight with a couple of friends for my birthday, you down?" He says, pointing a finger at me.

"No I'm not down." I mimic him.

"C'mon, you need to relax a bit," he jogs behind me and rubs my shoulders.

"Leroy." I shake him off me "I have a business to run, I don't have time to party." I say.

"That hot chick's gonna be there," he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Have fun with her," I roll my eyes.

"I've got my blonde babe sir, I'm talking about the girl you were kissing in your office."

"What?" My head turns to face him, behind me.

"She's my date's friend, so she'll be there." He playfully punches me.

"I'll think about it." I sigh to get him out my office.

"That's what I like to hear!" He shouts as he walks out my office.

After finishing up some work I pack my stuff away and get a car home. Taking a quick shower, I get changed into a black button down shirt and black slacks before shaving.

I get a text from Leroy telling me the address of the club and get an Uber to the place.

The Uber ride was quick and I was there in less than 10 minutes. I soon realise I was the first person here and took a seat at the bar.

"Can I get a whiskey?" I ask the bartender who nods and makes my drink.

As I'm sipping my drink I see 2 cars pull up outside the club, from where I'm sitting I have a perfect view of the club.

I see her walk in, the sexy green dress hugging her body in the most perfect way. She confidently saunters in.

I can't help but stare but look away before she could catch me.

She's been a tease for too long and I didn't want to give her another chance tonight.

In a few minutes one of her friends, that had recently given birth, takes a tray of shots from the bar and gives me a quick wave before going back to the dance floor.

I watch as the three girls down their shots, the buzz of excitement coming into 2 of them, but Amelia - she was relieved.

Perhaps from the fact that she didn't have to be Amelia Davis for the night but she could just be Lia, or Mel as they called her.

I watched as the liquid made her come alive, as she sensually moved her body to the song, oblivious to the fact that every eye in the room was on her.

Her eyes meet mine for a brief second, an I see the storm swirling in hers. She looks away, taking a step back from me, but I could still see her.

Immediately she's having a conversation with a guy, I have no idea who he is and from the looks of it neither does she.

After a bit of small talk I see her grab his hand and take him up the bar stairs, to what I'm guessing is the adjoining hotel.

Instincts kick in before rational thoughts and I follow her, not thinking straight. She swipes her keycard into the hotel door before bursting in, with the guy trailing behind.