Chapter 9

XAVIER POV

"Hey baby." Sofia's high pitched voice makes me cringe.

"Hi." I reply dryly, the FaceTime camera is pointing to my ceiling.

Deep down I knew my relationship with her was purely out of personal greed to get close to the Russo family, regardless of what I told myself.

I tried to make it work with her, and be in an actual loving relationship but nothing and no one could compare to what I had with my Lia.

I still dreamt about Amelia sometimes, her smile, her eyes, her lips - everything was absolutely ethereal and mesmerising about her.

Surprisingly, Eric had kept his word. He was now placed in a cell with more security and I made sure he always had a nurse or doctor around.

As much as I hate him for doing what he did, Amelia made me realise that he needs help and he won't get it in a regular prison, especially after he shot Vanessa.

He was my brother by blood, but he could never be my family.

"...I'm so sorry babe, but I can't make it to New York in time for tomorrow." Sofia carries on talking.

"What's tomorrow?" I ask, I was zoned out for most of what she was talking.

"Valentines Day silly." She chuckles.

"Don't worry about it Sofia," I say, "just enjoy yourself in Italy." I say and she blows me a kiss before hanging up.

I lean back into my couch, thinking.

Amelia hasn't made a new appointment to meet with me since I saw her. I know it was only 2 days ago but I wanted to see her again, even under business terms.

I knew she hated me, why wouldn't she. But I loved her, and I still do. To see her, even with her eyes full of fury and despise for me was enough to calm my soul.

Sometimes I wish I didn't love her, it would make it so much easier to move on with my life, but I'm stuck on her.

I decide to call her office, and arrange a meeting myself. Her assistant, my old receptionist who she stole for her company, answered.

"Eva Enterprises, how can I help you?" She says.

"Can I speak to Miss Davis?" I ask politely.

"Is this Mr King?" I think she recognised my voice.

"Yes."

"Well, Miss Davis is currently not in the building and won't be until after Valentine's Day, please call again after that." She says, and says a goodbye before I hang up.

Does Amelia has Valentine's Day plans?

With who?

My fists clenched up, grabbing the leather of the couch.

I take a deep breath and calm down.

She's allowed to have a new boyfriend, we ended 4 years ago, and hell I have a girlfriend.

The next day goes by in a blur, mostly trying to salvage as much profit as possible and trying to find new investors or partners.

"Boss man!" Leroy saunters into my office, with a massive grin on his face.

"What do you want Leroy." I groan.

"Can I get the rest of the day off?" He asks "you see I'm with this smokin' chick and it's kinda Valentine's Day and.."