Chapter 34

XAVIER POV

"I hate you" she said "now get out of my office."

Her words stung me, like a dagger to my chest. I looked into her eyes one last time.

She despised me, truly, and wasn't like how I pretended to hate her all those years ago - there was real hate and disgust for me in her eyes.

She has completely changed now, she wasn't the same person I fell for, but I still managed to fall in love all over again.

Unrequited love.

Her eyes narrowed at my audacity to look at her, so I left defeatedly.

I lost it all.

Well, technically I never had it. It was all a game for her.  

But I couldn't blame her at all.

There were 2 sides to each story and from the way she saw our story, she was absolutely right for doing what she did.

In fact I would be surprised if she didn't do anything.

Passion and hard work coursed through her veins, and I knew she would avenge her mother if it's the last thing she would do.

I knew it was coming but I was so entranced by her that I didn't see it and, for that, I couldn't blame anyone but myself.

Because she was determined, she was undefeated and she is the best.

She was mine, but fate didn't couldn't deal with the fact that I had everything.

The most money, the best company, the best lifestyle

And the best woman.

So it took everything away.

I drive back to the Kings Corporate building, probably going to be one of my last visits to the place. I take a moment to actually look at the building after having just strolled right into it all these years.

The tall glass building, strong concrete pillars and KINGS CORPORATE written in bold white letters.

A shell of what I was.

I turn my head to see a Eva Enterprises sponsored car already at Kings Corp. She did not waste time.

I decide not to think about it and walk up to my office to see Leroy talking to Amelia's assistant. Theyyis arm is around her as they both look extremely distraught.

Her face seems to soften a little as Leroy whispers words of consolation into her ear.

Her eyes widen when she sees me and she speed-walks towards me.

"Mr King," she greets.

"Hello..um" I've forgotten her name, I just can't think straight.

"Call me Jodie." She smiles "Miss Davis has told  me to inform that she will not be firing any employees, nor will she be changing Kings Corp."

"Well that's good," I sigh "At least all these people won't lose their jobs."

"Mr King I am so sorry, if I knew anything like this was going to happen-" she begins

"You didn't know?"

"I thought that you two were finally going to make it work again." She smiles.

"So did I." I breathe out "so am I the only person who's lost their job then?"

"Well you and..." she turns over to Leroy, who's standing there cluelessly.

Business Onlyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें