Chapter 19

-Nico-

After visiting Octavian, Percy dropped Nico off at his therapy centre. Nico saw Percy frown and turn to him. "Um, this is a therapy centre. Have I got the wrong address?"

Nico shook his head. "No, uh, I go to therapy, remember? Bye, I love you." Nico kissed Percy's lips quickly and got out of the car.

"I love you too!" Percy shouted before driving away. Nico took a deep breath and walked into the from office.

-

"Well, it seems to me that this Percy boy has had a big contribution to your mental health. You seem more cheerful and your eyes are brighter, and just from looking at you I can tell you have a healthy glow and a happy life." Dr Lupa smiled. Nico nodded and smiled back, but then Dr Lupa turned into a more serious expression.

"But Nico, you have to remember that this could all be a phase for Percy. You've been with lots of boys and you're very sure of your sexuality, but Percy has only been with you. He could wake up in a few weeks and want to be with that Annabeth girl again. So do me a favour Nico, don't rely on him too much. We never know what could happen next."

Nico started at her open mouthed. 'Maybe she's right.' Nico thought. "O-Okay." He said. Dr Lupa smiled at him warmly. "Good."

-

Nico got home at about 5:30pm. He walked in and locked the front door, shrugging off his coat and throwing it over the bannister.

"Percy?" He called out.

"In here." Percy replied from the living room. Nico smiled to himself and walked in, only to find Percy curled up on the sofa in a blanket with a...puppy? Yeah, a little black retriever puppy with distinct sea green eyes. It looked like a puppy version of Percy.

"Who's this?" Nico asked. Percy looked down at the small puppy in his lap and back up to Nico. "His name's Blackjack."

"And...why do you have him here?" Nico smiled and ruffled the puppy's ears. Man, he loves dogs. He'd always wanted one but Bianca had dog allergies, which was a bummer.

"It's a long story actually. I was driving home after I dropped you off when I saw him lying down in a box. I couldn't leave a lil puppy like him alone on the streets, so I pulled over and picked him up and saw how hungry and thirsty he was. After I got him into the car I took him to the vets where they found his microchip and called his owners, who said they didn't want him anymore. So I called my Mum and she said I could keep him. So now he lives with me and he's my lil puppy that I can take on walks and cuddle with."

The puppy in Percy's arms barked and licked Nico's hand, which was still on top of its head. Nico giggled and wiped his hand on his top.

"He likes you!" Percy grinned.

"Yeah, I guess he does. You really have a heart of gold, don't you Perce? Going around and rescuing puppies off the street." Nico smirked and pressed his lips to Percy's. "My hero."

Percy laughed and pulled Nico onto the sofa next to him. Nico slipped off his shoes and snuggled into Percy's chest as Blackjack the puppy stumbled over the blanket and curled up between Nico's legs. Nico reached down and stroked Blackjack's soft little ears, drawing a little sigh from the puppy.

If there was any correct way Nico wanted to live his life, he wanted it like this. Curled up with Percy and Blackjack on the couch. He couldn't wait until that actually happened, if it ever did.

BLACKJACK AWW

3/7 CHAPTERS!!

-Ella xx