The One That Got Away

Summer after high school when we first met
We'd make out in your Mustang to Radiohead
And on my 18th Birthday
We got matching tattoos

Used to steal your parents' liquor
And climb to the roof
Talk about our future
Like we had a clue
Never planned that one day
I'd be losing you

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

I was June and you were my Johnny Cash
Never one without the other, we made a pact
Sometimes when I miss you
I put those records on (Whoa)

Someone said you had your tattoo removed
Saw you downtown singing the Blues
It's time to face the music
I'm no longer your muse

But in another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away
The one [x3]
The one that got away

All this money can't buy me a time machine (Nooooo)
Can't replace you with a million rings (Nooooo)
I should've told you what you meant to me (Whoa)
'Cause now I pay the price

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away
The one [x3]

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

-Description-

Sally and Poseidon Jackson have been life long friends with Maria and Hades di Angelo. And that goes for their children, too.

Percy Jackson, Bianca di Angelo and Nico di Angelo have known each other from since when they could remember.

But when Bianca began to become distant and moodier because of her teenage years, Nico and Percy had gotten closer and closer, eventually calling each other best friends. It wasn't long before young and innocently pure Nico developed a crush on Percy, who it was drilled into by homophobic Poseidon that it was wrong to be gay.

That doesn't necessarily mean Percy thinks that, though.

One night in Percy and Nico's shared treehouse, Nico came out and told his best friend that he liked him, expecting to be accepted by his ever accepting best friend.

Poor Nico got screamed at by Percy, who was only doing this to please his father.

Nico ran home sobbing, utterly heartbroken. It made Percy feel terrible. After that horrific day, the di Angelo's moved away to California, hopefully staying away from NYC for Nico's sake.

After Nico's departure, Percy finds himself lost, alone even though he has lots of other friends.

-

Even now at 19, Percy still felt horrific. Even though his Mother had divorced his father and re-married a nicer, more accepting man, he still felt terribly guilty. He was the cause of Nico's tears and heartbreak, he was the reason they moved away.

He had hurt his best friend, and he had hurt him pretty badly. That hurt more than anything to Percy. However, he eventually managed to get a girlfriend, Annabeth, but his thoughts still drifted to Nico every time they were together. He dragged his grades up and became captain of the swimming team, all in all he became quite popular. But nobody, not a soul on this planet, could fill the never ending hole Nico had left in his heart.

-

Nico was left having experienced true heartbreak, even though he was now only 17.

Although, California was a fresh start for Nico, and he managed to make new friends. (Leo, Rachel, Hazel and Frank.)

He also got a boyfriend (even though he's not a very good one) named Octavian.

He loved them all dearly, they were the only thing keeping him sane and grounded, besides Bianca.

But, when Hades' boss wants him to come to NYC for the summer and to bring his family with him to promote his new book, Nico is reluctant to go the the city that holds his heartbreak. What makes it worse, he's staying in his old house, next to Percy's. So he has to leave his friends behind and go back to his crush's neighbourhood, his old neighbourhood, for an entire summer.

What will Percy say when he sees the old innocent, angelic Nico is gone, replaced by a newer, badass, and sexier Nico? Will he make sure he can call Nico his own by the end of the summer, or will Nico forever be the one that got away?

-

Hey everyone, it's Ella here!

So this is my first story, ever, so please go easy on me xD ;-;

But, do feel free to correct anything you see so I could improve this no doubt poorly written story xD

See you next chapter!

-Ella xx