Chapter 40

Just trying to feed you a lil bit extra this time. Sorry again for being slack with my uploads xx

------------------------------------------------------------

A whole week later saw the team finally get a slow paperwork day. Emily had avoided Spencer religiously. Though he had looked like he wanted to corner her all day and she was having none of it.

She would not ruin her two best friends chance at happiness, even if it meant avoiding them both until they admitted it to one another. The dull ache of her heart had not subsided and she could not figure out why.

Spencer had left the office thirty minutes before, seemingly giving up one trying to catch her. She drove home in complete silence organising her thoughts, exhausted and ready to fall apart on the couch like she had been doing the past week.

A light shone through the crack in her door. An intruder. 

Emily whipped out her gun and attempted to open her door. It was locked.

Turning the key slowly, she let her self in, gun pointed. Her anxiety was climbing through the roof, she almost missed Spencers shoes on the ground in her hallway. Lowering her gun slightly she turned the corner, straight in to Spencers waiting arms.

'Shit, Em, it's just me. Put the gun down. I thought you would have noticed my shoes.' He sputtered quickly, hugging her softly.

She stashed the gun and relaxed into his arms. 'I'm sorry, I've just been on edge lately.'

Observing her kitchen she noticed Chinese food set up with two empty wine glasses. Spencer had wrapped his arms around her with the bottle still in his hand. 'What are you doing here?'

Moving to the table he gestured, 'I wanted to ask you something and you were ignoring me. So I brought food and wine to trick you. Plus you need to be looked after too, not just (y/n).'

Cornered and nervous, Emily looks for an escape route. 'I don't really feel like having visitors Reid. Maybe another time?' she urges, desperate for him to leave.

'Stop.' he demanded, 'You're going to sit and eat. I'm not going anywhere because we need to talk.'

Where had his forcefulness come from? (y/n) had awoken a new side in him. She slumped down into a chair obediently.

'What do you want to ask?' she snaps, letting her emotions taking over.

He takes a big gulp of the wine. 'It's about (y/n), You need to tell me what is going on between you two.'

Emily sprays the table with her wine. 'There's nothing between (y/n) and I... We're just best friends.'

'Like we're best friends? That kiss wasn't a best friend kiss, and you can't tell me that you were just drunk. I was there too.' He argues, picking at the food on the plate.

'I just need to know if you have feelings for her.'

'Why?' Emily spits, her body in full defence mode.

To be honest, she wasn't sure why she'd reacted so violently, the venom behind her words was a ploy to get him to back off, yet Spencer saw right through it.

'Because, I'm in love with you, and if you're in love with her, you need to tell her. Whatever happened or might happen between all of us is totally dependent on honesty.' He finished, mentally resigning from the whole conversation.

After several minutes of silent chewing, Emily looks up from her plate, tears rolling around her eyes. 'I'm scared.' she states, holding back the tears.

'I don't know what's happening to me.'

Spencer has sympathy spread over his face. 'I'm scared too Em, please just let me in to your head. If not for my sake but for your own. I can help you.'

He can't possibly help, all of these emotions had been compartmentalised for years. He had just broke the dam wall and Emily knew she was on the edge of a break down.

'I can't. It will ruin me.'

A knock interrupts them and Spencer rushes to the door. Emily hears hushed voices.

'Is she okay or did has she broke down yet?'

'It's coming.'

(y/n) walked around the corner to a distressed Emily, it was as if she'd been cornered by a dangerous unsub. Her body was on high alert, ready to fight or flight.

Seeing Spencer and (y/n) together was the final straw, and instead of her usual flight response, she chose to fight.

'What the fuck are you doing? I can't do this. You both need to leave. It's bad enough that I have to think about the perfect little relationship you're going to have together but now you're forcing me to endure it at my own home.' she shrieked. 'I thought I could be happy for you, but I'm not, and you know why?'

Taking a threatening step forward she continued. 'Because, I'm desperately in love with both of you. That's how fucked up I am and I know it's my fault for not saying anything earlier. I guess I'm just too good at compartmentalising, I didn't realise what I was feeling.'

Mimicking ever argument they've ever had (y/n) questions her, 'You good?'

'No I'm not fUcKiNg good. I'm getting my heart broken twice.'

Spencer had had enough, whenever Emily had one of her freak outs (he could count them all on one hand), he would just wait it out, which seems to have been (y/n)s method also. It clearly wasn't working so he decided to shut her up instead.

With a small wink and nod to (y/n) he closed the space between Emily and himself, slamming her face onto his with such ferocity, her mind went completely blank. She kissed him back in a frenzy, until her mind caught up.

Abruptly she ripped her face away, confused, only to be dragged down to (y/n)s lips with equal fervour.

------------------------------------------------------

You knew what Spencer was doing the moment he winked at you. Emily needed to be shut up, she needed real tangible evidence that whatever this was, was real.

The hunger in the kiss between Em and Spence was so palpable, you almost forgot that you were up next.

Emily's pulled away from Spencer alarmed, eyes searching for you. Swiftly you guide her down to you and put all of your emotion into the kiss. She moans, her tongue begging entrance to your mouth, tasting of the sweet red wine she had consumed.

Breathless you smile into her kiss. Emily opens her eyes, they're clouded with so many emotions swirling around in her dark irises. The most prominent being lust and confusion.

Spencer explains, 'Em, we both need you. We wouldn't work without you.'

She raises her brow and turns back to you, 'Is it true?' she asks.

'Yes. Oh god yes. I am so in love with you, always have been. But talking can wait. Spencer and I need to fuck you right now.'