Chapter 24

2k reads!! You guys are the best! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two months later

Over the last two months you and Emily didn't have time to catch up, her work schedule had been pretty stacked, and you'd been busy working on the upcoming miller case. Emily's birthday was coming up and you wanted to do something for her. You knew what she liked to do, but weren't sure about her coworkers, who you were itching to finally meet.

You resigned yourself to texting Spencer, to figure out what the team would be down to do. taking your lunch break you pulled out your phone.

(y/n): Hello Spencer, its (y/n). Emily's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I wanted to plan something for her. Would you and your coworkers be down to go out to Dove or should I look at hosting a party at my place? Please get back to me ASAP so I can organise it. We both know it needs to be planned before I tell her or she'll back out of it. xx

He replied a few hours later as you were packing up to head into a client meeting. You were dressed in a simple light blue wide legged pant, champagne button down blouse and tan pumps. You ignored the message, needing to focus on the meeting.

When it had finished you opened the text.

S: Hi, the team would be happy with either. Our tech analyst has actually been trying to convince her to have a gathering. I'll feed her your name and she'll probably try to get into contact with you to plan a party.

(y/n): Awesome. Thanks Spence.

Typing the quick reply you press send, stashing your phone away. You head back to your desk and check your emails. A group email had been sent to everyone, a save the date for a work day party to celebrate a big win one of the senior partners had. It was the same Saturday you had in mind for Emily's. Looks like you will be double booked.

Later that evening you received a text from an unknown number. You check it thinking it would be the tech analyst Spencer mentioned.

?: Hello (y/n), my name is Penelope Garcia, I work with Emily Prentiss. I think I've met you before at a nightclub. A little birdie told me you were good friends with my dear Emily, and I know her birthday is coming up. I was hoping you could help me convince her to have a party.

(y/n): Hello lovely! This is perfect timing, I was actually going to try and plan something for Saturday two weeks from now. Would you like to video chat and I can tell you my ideas?

You got up from bed and moved into the lounge setting up your computer. You threw on an oversized sweater and sat on the couch waiting for Penelope to reply.

P: Yeah of course. I've just walked in my front door. Here's my link, I'll connect in 2 minutes.

Logging on you type in the link, tying your hair up into a high bun. Penelope popped up onto the screen. You remembered her as the eccentric blonde from that night at the club.

'Hey! we totally have met!' you smile into your camera. 'I was out that night and spotted Emily, shame I was too drunk to introduce myself properly.'

'Speaking of... I don't know how to convince her to let me throw a shindig.'

'I've got this covered. We will plan a sit down meal at her favourite Chinese restaurant, and I was thinking we grab a VIP booth at Dove the nightclub in the city for after. If the event is planned she can't say no, and she can never say no to me anyway!'

'Ooh that sounds amazing. But how do you plan to get a VIP booth they're almost impossible to get?'

'I used to work at the club years ago and I'm good friends with the owner. Plus once he hears it's for Emily he'll throw in the works.'

Penelope chuckled 'I love you already. What can I do?'

'Make invites for the team, and hand them out to everyone including Em. If you want to avoid her wrath put my number as the RSVP.'

'Sounds good! I'll make you one too! Is there anyone else I should invite?'

You think for a second before responding. 'No, I'm quite a handful, wouldn't want to traumatise your team even more.'

She laughs. 'I'm so glad Spencer remembered your name. Emily apparently told him and another co worker about you after they stole her for a case.'

'I'm surprised.' you laugh, 'I'm her dirty little secret.'

'Oh sugar, I can't wait to meet you properly! Talk to you later!'

'Bye lovely' you say shutting off your computer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the next week you received texts from each of the team members confirming they'd be at the party. Penelope had given you all of their names and nicknames to remember before the party. Emily hadn't contacted you yet so you assumed she hadn't been given her invite yet.

During your free time you had called to make the reservations. The Chinese restaurant was booked and you'd set up a tab to pay for everyones meal, and then you'd called Eli and organised a VIP booth. When Eli heard it was for Emily he promised the best booth in the club and free cocktails all night. Everything was done and all you had to do was wait for Emily to ring you complaining.

Emily called you on the Tuesday before the party. Grimacing you answered it holding the phone away from your ear.

'Exc-fucking-use me!' she shouted, 'How dare you plan a party behind my back. How did you even contact Garcia!'

You waited several seconds before replying back. 'You good now?'

she huffed, 'Yeah I'm good.'

'I know you would have said no, but you love parties and I know you love your team so I texted Spencer with the intention of just planning it all myself and sending a letter from your old email address, but he told me he could sneakily get me in contact with Penelope. It was all above board.'

'I'm glad you did that. I'd been thinking about having you meet everyone soon anyway.'

'You've been saying that for two years Em. Anyways, I might be late to dinner, or even miss it completely because I have a work party during the day. I figure you'd probably want to warn them about me anyway.'

'You know I love you. Thank you for forcing yourself on my team.' she said genuinely.

'I'll see you Saturday bitch. I have a big surprise for you so get ready.' Hanging up the phone you grin. This weekend was going to be fabulous, a rave themed day party with work and Emily's party later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily hung up the phone and walked out of the bathroom straight into Reid. She whispered to him in a hushed angry tone. 'How did you get Garcia and (y/n) together?'

Spencer tilted his head at you. 'It was easy, Garcia had been bugging me about your birthday and ten minutes later I got a text from (y/n) asking what the team would be down to do. I just mentioned to Garcia that when Morgan and I picked you up from the bar that one time you had told us (y/n) was your best friend. She immediately looked her up and contacted her.'

Rolling her eyes Emily laughed. Garcia could be a little gullible sometimes.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yay (y/n) finally gets to meet the team! It's going to be hectic!