Chapter 19

'What the fuck Emily?' he exclaimed covering his eyes with his hands.

She knew he would freak, but, she also knew that this would help him get out of his head about seeing her naked.

'I said, don't freak out.' she stated. 

'Okay, hear me out. I know you are struggling with having seen me naked. So I thought what if I just desensitise you. Being naked around my girl friends is normal for me, I'm comfortable in my body and there isn't any sexual connotations behind it. Seeing me naked in a non sexual situation might help you get back to normal with me. Well... a new normal.' Emily didn't move any closer, allowing him to relax and process what she had said.

He shifted in his seat, clearly trying to hid his erection. Still averting his eyes, he tried to come up with an answer.

'Spence, it's fine that you're aroused right now. I wouldn't expect any different considering the situation. I'm gonna come over and sit next to you and we can eat, and watch whatever it is you chose. Okay? The whole point of this is to be able to ignore that part of your mind telling you my nakedness means sex, okay.'

An entire minute passed. Spencer finally spoke. 'Okay.'

Joining him on the couch she picked up her pasta, he had put on Dr who. They sat in silence for a few minutes, Emily devouring her food, aware that Spencer was rigid and giving her side glances. He was clearly conflicted, unsure how to act and jittery.

She ignored him for a little bit longer, finishing up her pasta. Putting the container on the coffee table she coughed.

'Spencer, we're just two friends hanging out. If you're really not comfortable with this I'll go get dressed.'

He exhaled loudly, pushing a stray strand of hair out of his face. 'No, I just need a bit of time. You're probably right though. It already seems like it might help.'

'Good, talk to me then, tell me about your weekend.'

For the next two hours they talked about their weekends, laughed about how stupid the whole (y/n) threesome idea was, and watched Dr Who.

Spencer yawned and Emily took that as her queue. They cleaned up and she redressed. Exiting the bathroom she walked up to Spencer hugging him.

'See. We can do this. Just two best friends who are completely comfortable with each other!'

He hugged back tightly, squeezing her. 'Not quite yet, but we're getting there. Thank you for this.'

'Mine tomorrow night? We can keep watching Dr Who. This form of exposure therapy won't work unless we do it until you're truly desensitised.'

Closing the door behind her he agreed. 'Fine. See you in the morning.'

The rest of the work week went smoothly. No new cases came in, leaving the team to work on their individual consults and catch up on paper work.

Each evening Spencer and a naked Emily hung out, eating dinner and watching shows. By the third night Spencer had decided he needed to be naked too or he'd keep feeling awkward. Their relationship had begun to change, in a positive way. They were learning even more about each other.

Friday Afternoon

Emily got up from her desk and headed into the kitchen flicking on the coffee pot. Filling up her cup she sat at the table, sipping from the mug. J.J walked in a couple of minutes later, toping up her own mug.

J.J sat beside Emily at the break table, 'What are your plans for this weekend? Doing anything fun?'

Emily replied, 'Reid and I are probably going to hang out tonight, and I'm getting drinks with a friend on Saturday.'

Setting her mug down J.J tilted her head. 'You've been hanging out with him a lot lately. It's cute.'

'Yeah, We've been binging Dr Who. I think it's been good for us actually. Good for him actually. He seems to be coming out of his shell a bit more.' Emily agreed.

Looking out to where Reid was working J.J smiled, 'He did seem a little different this week. I'm happy for him.'

She then stood and stashed her empty cup into the dishwasher. 'We should have a girls night soon Em, Garcia has been bugging me.'

Reid looked up and waved to J.J as she moved back to her office. Turning towards Emily he questioned 'Yours at seven, what do I need to bring?'

Sitting at her desk Emily clarified, 'Nothing Spence, I'm cooking tonight, I'm sick of take out.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spencer let himself into Emily's apartment, without hesitation he removed his clothes treading down towards the kitchen. She was standing over the stove stirring the pot, wearing a large t-shirt that reached her mid thighs.

He had his thumbs in the waistband of his underwear ready to drop them when Emily turned around.

'Hey, I heard you come in, dinner will be ready in-' 

She laughed at his eagerness to get naked. 'You know Reid, I think my work here is done, you can keep on whatever clothes you want. It's obvious that my therapy worked. Dinner will be ready in ten minutes.'

Spencer chuckled, she was right, he was completely comfortable with her being naked in front of him in a casual setting. He hadn't thought about her body sexually in a couple days. Leaving his black boxer briefs on he sat at the island bench.

'I'm gonna leave my briefs, your couch is cold on my bare skin.'

Emily turned off the hot plate and removed the wooden spoon, 'You are always cold. Would you grab me two plates?'

He moved to the cupboard and retrieved two plates, placing them beside the sink. 'What did you cook?' he asked.

'I cooked some chicken, rice and roast veggies. The veggies just need a little longer. Go set up the tv.'

He obliged, flicking the television on. The episode they had last watched at Emily's house was still playing. Skipping forward a few he pondered. This last week had been good for him, he felt more confident in his body, Emily and him were closer and it felt freeing to have no boundaries with someone. He loved how their relationship had evolved for the better and he wondered if this was what most friendships between women were.

'Emily, are all of your friendships with girls like this?' he queried.

'You mean, do I get naked and watch tv with all my girls?' she guessed, plating up their food.

Carrying the plates into the living room she continued. 'Pretty much, I don't get fully naked, but we often remove our pants, if it's hot or they're uncomfortable. Speaking of. Im going to keep my shirt and underwear on tonight, I actually started my period and don't want to leak onto the couch.'

He looked at you anxiously. 'Um okay. Are you alright, I can leave if you want.'

Shovelling the food in Emily grinned. 'It's fine, I'm cramping but I already took pain meds. Besides we're almost finished this season of Dr Who.'

The two of them ate in comfortable silence before chatting idly through the episodes. As the credits rolled on the last episode of the season Emily glanced over at Spencer. He was fast asleep. Creeping quietly she cleaned up the plates, and covered him with a blanket.

His eyes opened as she was tip toeing to her room. 'I'm going to head home.' he said groggily.

'Just stay here, my spare room hasn't got any sheets yet but my beds big enough for the two of us to sleep comfortably.'

Yawning he begun to protest. Emily interjected. 'You really think sharing a bed is gonna be weird after seeing me naked all week?'

Spencer relented, it wouldn't be weird. They jumped into bed, snuggling into pillows on either side, leaving the middle of the bed empty. She turns off the light and they fall asleep instantly, exhausted from the work week. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter we will finally learn what (y/n) does for a living. We're finally getting into the body of the story thank the lord xx