Chapter 32

Spencer and Emily seperate desire and confusion written in their eyes, the whole team stared at them mouth agape. Morgan claps loudly.

'I digress, that is not only the hottest thing I've ever seen but the most ballsy thing I think Reid has ever done.'

Hotch and J.J have a mixture of smugness and annoyance written on their face. Rossi looked impressed and Garcia seemed confused.

'We can unpack whatever the heck just happened on the plane. We have a case.' J.J declared picking up her bag.

The team went home to collect their go bags and reconvened at the jet. They file in quickly, Emily, J.J, Hotch and Rossi take up the four facing seats. Reid and Morgan sit on the lounge for the briefing.

Before Garcia signs of she demands an explanation of what happened between Emily and Spencer.

'Um, I may have been to drunk and accepted a dare from Morgan to kiss one of you girls.' Spencer cringed.

'Morgan!' the three girls scold.

'Hey. Hey, Spencer was the one who was spouting off about his sexual prowess. I only asked him to prove it, and, that doesn't explain little miss Emily Prentiss who kissed him back. Quite ferociously if is say so myself.' he defends.

Hotch chimed in, in support of Reid, 'You were goading him all night about his lack in that department. He was only sticking up for himself. Now I hope this doesn't become a HR issue, Emily, Reid. Keep me in the loop.'

'Oh, guys get over it. We were both obviously drunk, and Spencer was an excellent kisser. It's not his fault I haven't had sex with a man in over three months.' Emily warned, finishing the discussion.

Spencer bit the inside of his cheeks, still buzzed from the alcohol. Or was he buzzed from the kiss? By his calculation he was the last person Emily had slept with and the thought pleased him. Why did it please him?

Garcia logged off and the team settled in for the flight, attempting to sleep any possible hangover off.

Emily tried to close her eyes and sleep, but found she couldn't. Each time she was back at that moment at Rossi's, in Spencers arms. Kissing him was unlike anything she'd ever felt, the only thing that compared in any way was the three ways that (y/n) and her had.

She blamed it on the alcohol and pushed it to the side. If it was still bothering her tomorrow she'd call (y/n).

---------------------------------------------------------

Emily had ignored her thoughts the last couple of days, which and been easy considering Spencer was ignoring her and Hotch had kept them separated as much as possible. She stripped her clothes off, leaving her in a white, high neck tank and pink boy leg panties. Climbing into the bed she called (y/n) putting her on speaker.

'Hello?' (y/n) spoke quietly.

'Hey are you okay?' Emily asked worry in her voice.

'Oh, thank god, it's just you.' (y/n) breathed, relief evident. 'I've been feeling off this week. I think someone might have followed me home the other night.'

Sitting upright in the bed Emily inquired. 'If you want go to my house and stay, Sergio could do with a big cuddle right now!'

'I might head over in a couple of days if I still feel off. What did you want to talk about? Your text seemed urgent.'

'Something happened and I'm super conflicted about it.' Emily complained. 'Spencer kissed me on Friday and I felt something.'

(y/n) was silent for a minute. 'Do you like him?' she asked.

'I don't know. The kiss was just really good, and he's the last man I had sex with. I honestly just think we need to go out and get with a guy soon. But I'm kind of scared that I did catch feelings.' Emily sighed twirling her hair in her hand.

'I'm not the best person to be talking about this with Em. Oh... I've got to go my food has arrived. Bye, love you.'

(y/n) hung up.

Emily scrunched up her nose, something was up with (y/n) and it concerned her. She switched off the lamp and rolled over. Whatever was going on between her and Spencer could wait, (y/n) was more important.

She slept restlessly, fretting about (y/n) all night. Dressing in an all black suit and turtleneck, she scuffled downstairs, throwing her hair into a slick pony.

'Are you okay bella?' Dave questioned, slipping into the SUV beside her.

'Rough night, Somethings off about (y/n) and I'm really worried.' Emily explained slipping on a pair of big black sunglasses.

'Well then let's get this case over so you can get home to your friend.'

------------------------------------------------------------

Spencer watched Emily curiously throughout the case. Kissing her had been a big mistake and he knew that, but the way she reacted puzzled him. She put out her neck to get the heat off him and then ignored him. It was understandable but over the next couple of days she shut off, barely speaking to anyone.

He was slightly concerned but he wanted to give her some space. Or was he trying to give himself space? Emily's kiss was intoxicating and even though he tried to ignore it, he knew that if they didn't get called in for a case, he would have slept with her. He'd felt her silently groan into his mouth, and was ready to take her right then and there.

'J.J, can I speak with you for a minute?' he motioned, stepping into the empty conference room.

She followed him in, shutting the door. 'What's up Spence?'

'Somethings up with Em and I want to make sure she's okay. I'm trying to give her space after what I did at Rossi's. Could you check in on her for me?' he pled, fidgeting with his hands.

'Em's worried about (y/n), she said so on the ride in this morning. Are you okay with everything, you seem off too?' she pointed out in her motherly tone.

'Not really, I think I messed up our friendship and I feel terrible. She's my best friend, I don't know how to fix this.' Distress was evident in his eyes, he drooped his head.

J.J rested her hand on his shoulder, squeezing it in comfort. 'You haven't messed anything up, Emily is just really stressed right now. You just need to let her know you're here for her.'

Hotch flung open the door, 'We've got him, Suit up, he's down at the pier.'

--------------------------------------------------------------

On the flight home Spencer decided to get up and speak to Emily, she had been flighty all day and he felt the need to clear the air between them, so he could be her shoulder to lean on with whatever was up with (y/n).

'I just have this terrible feeling Rossi, deep in my gut.' Emily spoke.

'Emily, are you okay?' Spencer inquired, sitting in the seat across from her.

'Not-' Her phone began ringing. 'Hold on it's (y/n), I need to take this, she's been ignoring my texts.'

She gets up from her seat and answers the phone walking down the isle. Freezing she grips the phone and steadies herself on Hotch's chair. He stands grabbing her elbows, looking back to the team in fear.

Spencer reacts quickly, jumping up and tearing down to her. Emily drops her phone turning directly to him. She falls into his arms, him scrambling to keep them both upright.

'That was Logan... (y/n) is missing.'