🔵 Chapter 8 🔵

Grunting, Halilintar slowly opened his eyes, trying to adjust his eyes from the glaring light coming from the rays of the sun that was shone on his face through the window. After a few moments, his drowsy rubescent eyes glanced down and noticed his soft, red blanket wrapped around him, making him furrowed his brows in confusion. He couldn't remember what exactly had happened to him last night, so he tried recalling it from his mind, but it seems that he did kind of forgot what took place that midnight.

He only remembered that time when he had dinner with Taufan and his grandmother, then after that, they went straight to Taufan's room. He could still remember that Taufan was still asleep that time, and that he stayed up all night staring at the window, but he couldn't recall of stargazing with his blanket bundled up around him.

So, how come this happened? He thought, as his expression turned into a frown while trying to remember the event that happened next. Not to mention, he felt like he slept so comfortably last night.

But that midnight, he felt something warm. Warmer than the blanket that's wrapped around his body. It was a very comforting, gentle, and warm contact, but he doesn't even know what it is.

"What just happened...?" He mentally groaned, while his eyes wandered around the room. Then, his eyes fixed on Taufan's organized bed, with the latter seemed to be not around at this point.

He was probably the first one to wake up before him. He thought once more, before taking his blanket off him and got up where he'd been resting from. After refreshing himself up, he made his way downstairs, with his tummy grumbling for some food.

"Ah, Hali! You're awake! Good morning!" Taufan greeted, his eyes smiling at him while waving his hand slightly.

Suddenly, a boy with a green hoodie came out from the kitchen, his bewildered viridescent eyes staring at Halilintar as he froze for a moment from his spot.

"Wah—? I didn't know Halilintar's here! Is he going to live here with us?" Duri asked, a spark appeared from his emerald-coloured eyes.

"Temporarily." Taufan replied then giggled, with his twin brother joyously jumping in excitement.

'I forgot that they're brothers...' Halilintar thought, sighing softly before going to the dining table and took a seat afterwards.

"Oh yeah! You're actually right on time! Well, not really 'right on time' but, at least the food is waiting for you! We'd just finished eating our breakfast!" The wind elemental stated, sitting beside the grumpy teenager.

Halilintar only groaned, taking the box of cereal and milk on the table and poured it onto his bowl.

"Duri! Have you already eaten your breakfast?" Their grandmother asked, which the boy mentioned nodded in response.

Both the wind and lightning elemental were silent on the table, only clanking noise from the spoon can be heard. Then, Halilintar secretly took a glance at the boy beside him, his eyes narrowing at the mask he's wearing everyday. He kept questioning himself how does he even eat with his mask on, and why does he need to wear his mask, even when he's at home, and even when he's about to sleep.

He could still remember that time when they had dinner together, but he forgot to take a quick glance at him on how he even ate his food with his mask on because he was too shy that time, so his eyes were only focused down on his meal. Unfortunately, Taufan caught the teen staring at him, which made the latter looked away immediately while blushing in embarrassment. The wind elemental laughed gleefully from his amusing and adorable action, making the flustered boy to feel embarrass even more.