♫~Notes 142~♫

Start from the beginning

Kagetsu shuddered. "Don't remind me! Some pervert grabbed my butt!" He scratched there as if that sweaty hand still latched to his skin.

"Who was it?" Rigaku's voice covered in ice, and scorching flames arose from his back. If anybody could execute a perfect murder, Rigaku was the best bet.

"I'm sorry," Ueno whispered, but they had heard her. "I should have let him molest me since I was his original target. That way, he wouldn't pick you."

All color drained from Kagetsu's face. "You what?" he barked a second ago, grabbing her by shoulders. "How can you say that?" He shook with her. "Don't you say that! Don't let any mole-jerk touch you!"

"That's okay." Her attempt for a smile turned sour.

"No way! I want to puke a rainbow, and I'm not even a unicorn!" His voice jumped into never before seen heights.

Ueno's heart abused her rib cage. She wanted to scream, but her voice refused to listen to her wish. "He would leave eventually. No big deal. It would make a commotion."

Kagetsu's grip over her shoulders loosened up. Her words had truth inside them. Mr. Okamoto stopped once they separated. It was just for a few hours.

"Screw that."

Her head jerked.

"Screw society! Screw his balls! Guys like that don't give a dang about anybody but themselves! Crush them! Don't let them use you like some toy for their sicks games!"

The way he defended and supported her brought tears into her eyes.

"You matter."

She didn't have the strength to look into his eyes anymore, so she wandered. Yet wherever she looked, she found encouraging looks. Ashamed and feeling unworthy of their support, she dug her eyes into the ground.

A gentle hand patted her hair. "Right into the balls. Promise?" Kagetsu offered her his pinkie.

Before long, she had seen another next to his belonging to Freya with Aiyoku joining. Rigaku added his as the last one since even his father was faster on his legs.

Making the strangest multiple pinkie promise shooed the murky haze under Ueno's feet. The doubts would need to wait for longer for their chance to grow once more.

"Time out for bad stuff!" Kagetsu made the T with his hands. "Game on for munching!" He threw his arms into the air, the jiggle bell around his neck rung.

"And I just happen to have a date with a great coffee and cat cookies." Mr. Kamini laughed.

Before noticing, the group dragged Ueno with them to the Caffee. Only Kagetsu remained to watch over the horses. Freya was worried, but he approached them with no fear. Even Rocket got a lot of pats and fresh grass.

As the rest reached that place, it was full of people, so they had to order a take-away, but they enjoyed it. Watching people ordering Star-wiches and picking their next coupon filled them with happiness.

It had more positive feedback than they expected. Rigaku was determinate to perfect the system by the next festival.

Ueno sat at the edge of the bench with Freya by her side and the Kamini family on the other. The older girl noticed the looks from the cafe staff and the stalls when they weren't attending the customers. She lowered her head in shame.

The doubts nibbled on her self-esteem once more. It was juicy from all the years of feeding her ego. Freya patted her shoulder, gaining her attention. As she looked, she saw her with two cucumber slices over her eyes.

With no regret, Ueno burst out laughing. It was so silly it couldn't be even funny, yet here she was bending in two. Kaminis exchanged puzzled looks, as this was understandable only between girls.

Finishing their lunch-snack, they took bags of cookies for later and Kagetsu. Since they filled their stomachs, Mr. Kamini ventured around, trying the games, and finding Nihil as he didn't see his unmistakable hat in the cafe.

Ueno also excused herself, as she needed to prepare herself for announcing the Garden Parade Results. Rigaku shooed Kagetsu back to Caffee with a smile, as they needed all the helping hands they could.

The rest reopened the booth, and the first customers came within seconds.