Chapter XXVIII

*Right, this is the second to last chapter of this story and hopefully its gonna be a long one so wish me luck

There is going to be a lot of Lucifer POV in this chapter but it will make sense why when you read it of course*

Lucifer (POV)

I'm going to ignore that happened. She will probably be back tomorrow, blushing like a disgusting rose. I know what to do. I'm going to poke fun at her for it. With a wave of my hand, bright red roses bloom around the tree stump that i normally sit at and i smirk to myself and nod my head. Now i can say that her face looks redder than these roses when she comes next. 

***

The next day, she walks into the clearing with a tinge of a blush on her face and looks around in awe, gasping at the flowers. I laugh loudly a begin to say;

"You're face is brighter tha-"

"They're beautiful!" She exclaims and i frown, looking around at the roses and than back to her. I open my mouth up to speak against but once again, she cuts me off. "How did you know roses were my favourite flower? And they're red too! Oh Luce!" She exclaims, plopping herself down by one of the flower beds and smelling the roses, smiling broadly.

"Er, what?" I say, tilting my head to the side. 

"The roses are beautiful. How did you get them to grow so fast?" She asked, her eyes wide and beau- i mean, her eyes wide and child-like. She smiles at me, her blue eyes squinting as she does so and i shrug. 

"Magic."

"Well obviously." She giggles and gently picks one of the flowers. She brings it over to me and gets on her tiptoes to slide the rose behind my ear, making it balance by the side of my head. She giggles again and walks around the apparent Eden i had accidently created for her. How the hell was i supposed to know her favourite flower was a damn rose? Why did i even think this was going to be funny. Now i'm stuck here with this little girl with a flower sticking out of my hair and a moody look on my face.

"What's with the moody face?" She asks after a while and i shrug.

"Nothing." She goes quiet and just nods her head, pursing her lips.

"Look, about yesterday..." She starts but i put a hand up to stop her. 

"Forget about it." I mumble out and she closes her mouth and nods her head, biting her lip slightly out of embaressment. 

"Okay." We sit in silence for a while before we begin talking again about things that she has been doing which is the same damn thing that she has always been doing and things i have been doing which is all a plain lie. Before i know it, one of her fathers calls her back home for dinner and i am once again, left alone in the garden of roses, their awful stench filling my nose with their sickly sweetness. 

-a few months laterr-

It was Valentina's 16th birthday and she had reminded me time and time again to get her a present. I thought that this would be a perfect time to kill her. Imagine her fathers coming to look for her on her 16th birthday and finding her corpse mawled among the bed full of red roses, her blood flowing and feeding them. 

I waited in our small garden for her to come, holding the small, precious ruby in my hand. She did ask for a present and she was good. She deserved to be happy before i killed her. She swung into the garden and smiled brightly when she saw me standing there, dressed all in white among the red. He red cloak flowed as she stepped towards me and i couldn't help but noticed how much she had changed in only a short few months.