Chapter XVII

Leliel (POV

I knew what he was going to say but I held onto the one shred of hope that he might still love me. I was holding onto the one shred of hope that somewhere inside of him, he may still find me attractive and he may still hold me close and night and help me bring up our child but I knew, I knew by the look in his eyes and the frown on his face that he didn’t love me anymore.

“No.” He replied and I could feel my heart shatter into a thousand pieces and I let out a loud sob and clutched my chest, the pain bursting through my body like fire and stab wounds. I fell back onto the bed, shielding my face from the look in his eyes, not wanting to show that I was breaking but it was obvious. So obvious that he had broken my heart the way sobs stuck in my throat and tears poured out of my eyes. How could he do this to me? How could he just fall out of love with me like he has?

“Is there any way that you will love me again?” I ask him through my sobs and he gulps and rubs his eyes tiredly.

“I don’t know Leliel.” He chokes out before turning his back on my but not moving out of the room. I knew exactly why he didn’t love me anywhere but I didn’t know if I had the guts to just tell him straight but I was just too exhausted tonight. The baby was kicking and I found it hard to sleep.

“I think you should sleep in your study tonight.” I tell him quietly and he nods his head, without another word he walks off out of our chambers. I look at the back of him, my vision blurring up but it was at that moment I knew that I couldn’t give up on us. I couldn’t give up on our marriage and I couldn’t give up on the father of my child. I just couldn’t.

-the next day-

 I decided to go up to Castiel’s study the next morning which proved to be a difficult task as I was growing bigger and more heavy each day. I held on to my bump as I walked up the long stone steps and had to stop halfway up for a breather. When I finally got to the door I knocked on it quietly and I found that he was already awake when he yelled for me to come in. When I entered he looked up from his desk and his eyes became sad. He looked awful, like he hadn’t slept all night, there were bags under his eyes and stubble on his face. His hair was messier then normal and his clothes were rumpled about his body. He stood up when he saw me and pulled his chair out for me to sit down.

“You should have called for me Leliel, I would have come down to you. You shouldn’t have walked up all them stairs.”

“Don’t tell me what to do Castiel; I’m completely capable of walking up a few stairs.” I say breathlessly but was thankful that I now got too sit down. I took of my shoes and put my feet up on his desk, rubbing my swollen feet and wincing at my blisters. I looked over at him and I could tell that he was about to move to massage them but he stayed still instead, obviously knowing that that probably wasn’t the best idea in the current situation. He stood there awkwardly, waiting for me to speak as I just stared up at him from where I sat. I could almost feel my heart breaking again but I had to confront him.

“I know why you don’t love me anymore Castiel.” I tell him, trying not to cry and he looks at me quickly. “It because of the demon prince isn’t it?”

“How do y-“

“He told me.” I say and he frowns, his eyes flashing with anger slightly. “He didn’t tell me that you loved him, only that he loved you. It has been known for an angel to fall in love with a demon before but for a demon to fall in love with an angel is almost unheard of. There has only been one case of a demon falling for an angel and that was the prince’s, or now the kings own father. I didn’t believe that you would have loved him but I see it now. I saw it when I came to meet you on the battlefield. I told you I loved you and you didn’t say it back.” I explained to him sadly and the whole time he just stood there rigidly, not being able to take his gaze from me which I found quite uncomfortable.