Chapter VII

Dean (POV)

"Put on your armour Dean, Angels have been spotted not far from here. We are going to hunt them down." Growled my father, flinging my heavy armour at me. I caught it quickly and clicked one of the maids to get it on me. As I was getting fitted up for it my father filled me in on what was happening.

"What do you mean Angels have been spotted?" I asked him.

"In Topeka. There were about twenty of them according to Azazel so we are going to take a hundred of our men to track them down and capture them."

"Don't we have enough slaves’ father?" I sigh and he glares at me.

"It's not about slavery Dean, this is war!" He storms out of the room and I follow close behind when the maid finally attached my garments to me. We walk out of the palace and into the courtyard where my beautiful black stallion, Impala is waiting for me. I stroke its main before jumping into its saddle and kicking my heels into its side to make it start galloping after my father who was leading the small army.  It took us a whole day and night to get to the city of Topeka where apparently the angels were hiding. We stormed into the city and the peasants with in all watched us as we rode again. In the centre of the city my father halted us to a stop and he rode in a circle, looking at the humans faces.

“It is against the law to withhold information from the king. It is also illegal to give help to angels or keep them in your home. If anyone here is keeping an angel in safe-keeping they will be sentenced to death.” My father’s voice was harsh but noble. He stared the humans down, using his black eyes as an extra effect and the humans couldn’t hold his gaze for long. They bowed their heads and stayed silent until my father whistled for us to follow him.

We rampaged through the houses and the shops in the city but found no sign of the angels. I rode off on my own and slid off my horse when I came across a dark alleyway. I looked around in case anyone saw me and walked into the dark alleyway that was in between two large houses. I couldn’t see a thing down here but I carried on going anyway when I heard faint muttering further down. I crouched down low as I shuffled along the edge of the wall to try and not be seen by whoever was down here. I turned the corner and found three people huddled at a dead end of the alleyway. They hadn’t noticed me yet but when they moved I saw another movement behind them all. Wings. They were three of the angels that had been sighted obviously and were now hiding from our small demon army. I showed myself to them and they all stood up quickly, backing away from me.

“It’s the prince.” I heard one of them whisper slightly and I turned my head to look at him.

“Please, we haven’t done anything wrong.” Says a smaller girl. Her wings had obviously not grown fully yet and none of them were wearing angel armour. They were clearly not warriors but yet normal angels who were just in hiding from us demons. “Please your majesty.”

“You’re highness, Ally; he’s the prince not the king.” The older women angel said, putting her arm around the smaller girl. She was putting on a brave face I could tell and I wondered why they were so afraid of me. Maybe they didn’t have any weapons or maybe they thought that I did. I had a sword but I couldn’t kill them. I also had a couple of angel chains in my saddle but Impala was way back down the alleyway. “Please…”

“I’m not going to hurt you.” I whisper. I hear a noise from the entrance of the alleyway and turn to look down it. Some of my men were travelling down it quietly so I call out to them. “It’s just me lads, nothing down here.”

“Yes, your highness.” They bow before turning back around and travelling back down the alley. I turn back to the angels who are looking at me in shock. I myself didn’t know why I did that but I just knew that there was no point in capturing these angels. They weren’t warriors, they were afraid of demons and they didn’t look like they were going to cause any problems.