Chapter XXII

Dean (POV) 

I couldn't believe my ears when I found out that Valentina was actually Castiel's own daughter. I was so shocked that I couldn't actually move for what seemed like an eternity and all the demons that were crowded around me looked slightly worried for my statue-like status. Finally, out of a sudden decision I started running, past the guards and demons and towards the stables where I got on Impala and started riding towards the angel kingdom as fast as I could. I knew that she was his daughter but that didn't mean I wasn't going to try and explain to him what actually happened. I needed to see Valentina, she would wonder about me soon enough and probably become afraid of not being able to come back home.

A small part of me, a very small part, hoped that maybe Castiel would come to his sense. That he would see how much I loved his daughter and would remember how much I loved him. Maybe, just maybe, Cas, Val and I could just run away and be together. I didn't want to rule this kingdom anymore and Sam could easily run it more smoothly then I ever could have. I wasn't cut out to be a king; I was cut out to be a father, and a lover. I knew that Castiel would probably try and kill me as soon as I stepped into the Angel Kingdom but I couldn't stay cooped up in my castle, always wondering whether he would let me see her or not. The years of no communication had put up a blockade on mine and Castiel's relationship but that didn't mean that I still didn't love him, and maybe, just maybe he may still love me with the part of him that wasn't still angry at me for apparently killing his wife and kidnapping his daughter. 

I hadn't heard a word from anyone that Castiel was looking for his daughter because I was always too wrapped up in Valentina to notice what was really going on around me. I rode for days and days until I finally got to the borders of the Angel city where I was noticed straight away by many angels who tried stopping me from going into the city. Castiel had obviously alerted them about me ‘stealing’ his daughter but I wasn’t going to give up without a fight. I tried pushing through the angels but they were too strong so instead I struggled in their grip as they took me towards the castle, exactly where I wanted to be. We entered through the grand hall and stopped in the middle of it when a guard went off to go and find Castiel. They kept a tight grip on me as we waited and I breathed heavily due to all the action over the last few days that had completely mentally and physically drained me. Sometime later Castiel comes into the hall with the guard close behind him and he stands in front of his throne, looking at me angrily.

“What do you want Dean?” He snaps and I shrug off the guards hands to walk over to him slowly.

“To talk to you. In private.” I state simply, looking dead into his blue eyes to let him know that I meant business. Castiel bit the inside of his cheek, contemplating my request before he finally nodded and beckoned me forward to follow him. He told the other angels to go back to their daily business and they looked confused at his demand but did as he said anyway. We walked in silence towards Castiel’s study and all I could keep thinking about was Valentina and where she was at the current time. She probably had no idea what was going on outside her little imaginary world, she probably had no idea that Castiel was her real father and I had only found her by the river. We walked up the long stone spiral staircase and finally entered the study which looked exactly as it had done all those years ago. Castiel walks over to his drinks cabinet and gets out two glasses before pouring us both a glass of Shandy each and then handing on to me before looking at me expectantly.

“Well, what do you want?”

“I want to explain to you that I had no idea she was your daughter Castiel. You know I would never do that to you. You know that I wouldn’t kill Leliel, as much as I wanted to be with you and you know that I would never purposely take your daughter and keep her from you. I don’t want it to end like this, I don’t want to go through the remainder of my life knowing that you hate me because you think that I kidnapped your daughter.” I take a deep breath in after this and look at him pathetically, in an exhausted way. Castiel looks at me sadly and then looks down at his drink, wanting to avoid my gaze.