Chapter 41

Summer is coming to an end, and instead of going to France, I decided to stay with Stiles a little longer. He looked really excited about being here at George Washington University.

Flashback

Today was my last full day with Stiles, so instead of doing something cheesy, we just sat in the woods, laying in the grass, looking up at the stars. It felt like I was back at home in Beacon Hills.

"You know I'm going to miss you," Stiles said, turning his body towards me. I did the same.

"I'm going to NYU, and you're going to GWU. We won't be that far from each other," I chuckled. He gave me a small smile but just kept staring at me. "What?" I asked him.

"Nothing, I just like looking into your eyes," he said. Hearing gushy things like that would make me gag, but coming from him, it's just what I needed.

PRESENT TIME

We arrived at the airport, and I helped Stiles with his bags. He was leaving for school; I didn't have to leave, not yet at least. I had a few more things to take care of here.

"Well..." I stood there awkwardly, looking at the ground, not sure what to say. I was never good at saying goodbyes. I mean, considering I ran off to France without saying goodbye that one time, it speaks volumes.

Stiles gently grabbed my face, urging me to look up at him. I gazed into his eyes, and a smile grew on his face. He kissed my forehead and then my lips before pulling me into a hug.

"Promise me you will get out of Beacon Hills as fast as possible," he muffled, cradled in my neck.

"I promise," I said, squeezing him a little bit tighter.

He pulled away and looked down at me, giving me one more kiss. "Funny, I still get butterflies when I do that," he said. I gave him a small smile, then heard his flight number being called for a 30-minute takeoff.

"I love you," I told him one last time before he left.

"I love you too," he muttered.

He grabbed his bag and suitcase, then started wheeling it down the hall. I watched as he walked away, trying to hold my tears in. I hoped he wouldn't turn back around because that would make things ten times worse if I looked at him. It's not like I'm never gonna see him again, but this is the first time we have been apart for a long time. Plus, he will only live like 4-5 hours away, so it's not that bad, right? He turned around and gave me a big wave with the most significant smile on his face. 

I left for New York a few days later, just to settle in with everything and get to know the city. I met up with Stiles while I was there, but he had to go back pretty quickly. He seemed fine and excited for the new world he was stepping into, and I was glad I could step into that world with him.

——-

When I landed back in Beacon, I went straight to Scott's house. Lydia, Scott, and I all planned on driving each other to our campuses and helping one another settle in, while Malia was planning on going to France, which kept getting delayed, so we will see how that went.

I walked in the back door, but there was no one around.

"Scott!" I yelled out his name, but there was no response. "Lydia," I called out, and there was just silence. I rolled my eyes, pulled my phone out of my pocket, and tried calling one of them, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Shit," I cursed under my breath. I went upstairs to Scott's room and just sat on his bed. Most of his room was packed away, but there were still a few things not packed, so I decided to help him out. While I was packing up his stuff, I heard a loud roar that didn't sound familiar, and I guessed that's where Scott and Lydia were.