Chapter 7

After all the chaos from a few days ago, Lydia unlocked the final list of names, which have not been presented to me or Malia, for that matter. But I can't focus on the fact that, today was the day of the test, a day that determines whether we pass or fail in life—a daunting thought but also a revelation. We're juniors, and our lives are on the verge of a significant change right after high school.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked, scanning the room.

"She took it during her freshman year," Stiles informed her.

"Why am I not surprised?" I shrugged.

"Does that mean I could have taken it at another time?" Malia asked, glancing toward the exit.

"Malia, you've studied harder for this than any of us," I said, offering her a warm smile. I have gotten to warm up with Malia we dont hangout all the time but I have helped her with studying if Lydia is working on her own stuff. I would say I'm an average AB student.

"Doesn't mean I'm going to do well," she frowned. Malia had been trying so hard to understand this whole new world; she literally transitioned from a wolf to a girl.

"Well..." Stiles looked at Malia.

"Well, what?" She waited for Stiles to finish his sentence.

"It's 'do well,' not 'do good,'" Stiles corrected her.

"Oh, God!" Malia threw up her hands, already thinking she was going to fail.

"Stiles, do you ever know how to shut the hell up?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're doing this because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to a good college," Scott said to her.

"I agree. Even if we live a double life, kind of like Hannah Montana, at the end of the day, we are teenagers who have to go to school the next day," I said. They looked at me confused, but they shook it off and continued.

"It's only three hours. We can survive three hours," Kira shrugged.

"Wow, 3 hours wasted," I mumbled.

We entered the room and organized our papers and pencils for the test. I sat behind Malia, Stiles was two rows away from me, Scott was right next to me, and Kira was in front of Stiles. The teacher started reading the instructions, which seemed like it would take forever.

"Okay, you may begin," he announced.

I opened my booklet and realized I didn't even know the answer to the first question. Looking around, Stiles seemed frustrated as always, Scott kept squinting at the test, and there was Kira, breezing through the test. I took a deep breath, refocused, and started answering the questions. Things were going okay until I heard a loud thud. I turned around to see a girl who had fallen out of her seat.

"Sydney! Are you all right?" Ms. Martin rushed over to help Sydney up, examining her closely as Sydney mentioned feeling dizzy and pointed out a rash on her arm.

"Sydney, how long have you had this?" Ms. Martin inquired about the rash.

"I don't know," Sydney replied, shrugging as she settled back into her seat.

"Should we stop the test, Ms. Martin?" asked the other teacher.

"No, um, it's fine. Everybody, stay in your seats. I'll, um, be back in a minute. Nobody leaves the room," Ms. Martin instructed the class before hurrying out. The test continued, and I kept answering questions.

"Get back! No! Do not come in here! Get back outside!" Ms. Martin's voice echoed down the hall, prompting us to abandon our tasks and rush into the hallway.