Chapter 27

Once Scott got caught up with this new terrifying information, not even seconds later, we received a call from Chris, instructing us to head over to the hospital and talk to the Sheriff.

We all got in the car and started heading over. We were pretty tired, considering we had just run away from skinwalkers. For one day, I would love to just be a teenager and not worry about the supernatural coming after me.

Upon entering the hospital, we went to floor 5. The elevator doors slid open, revealing five deputies at a time rolling bodies into another room. I walked out and peered into the room, seeing about 15 to 20, maybe more, bodies in there.

"Chris found these," I muttered.

"Yep," Mr. Stilinski joined us, putting his hand on my shoulder and guiding me away from the room. "And he said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"We've got a theory," Stiles added.

"It's a slightly terrifying theory," I chimed in.

"Well, the M.E. said that the victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels," the sheriff explained. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"What if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies?" Scott proposed.

"Why would they do that?" Kira asked.

"Maybe they're covering for it. Protecting it like a parent would," Scott shrugged.

"Protecting what? A werewolf?" the sheriff inquired.

"It's called the Beast," Kira informed him. The sheriff's facial expression shifted from confusion to fear.

"We know. Horrifying," Stiles and I weirdly said at the same time.

"We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish because it looks like his dream is coming true," Mr. Stilinski said, looking over at the room.

"How many?" I asked him.

"23," he sighed, limping over to talk with the other officers.

8:15am
Beacon Hills High School

I keep forgetting that we are actually teenagers and need to go to school. I pulled up to my parking space, the same one as always. I was a little early, so I decided to sit in my car and listen to music. Billie Eilish started playing, and I jumped in surprise from a knock on my window. Scott was there, flaring his hands to get my attention. I unlocked my door, and he hopped in, smelling like the outdoors.

"Hello, Scotty boy," I smiled, turning the music down a little.

He gave me a big grin, and we sat there for a while, just listening to music, scrolling through my phone, and watching irrelevant YouTube videos. I looked up from my video to see the time; it was 8:45.

"Ready?" I asked him. He nodded his head, getting his bags situated. We hopped out of my car and started heading to the front door, not missing the multiple cop cars sitting on the side. Scott and I exchanged a quick glance.

Our suspicions were right; there were about two cops in each of the hallways, a little excessive if you ask me.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked him, looking around and seeing confusion and fear on the other students' faces.

"I have no clue," Scott replied, looking over at the officers. Then the principal went over the speakers to make an announcement.

"By order of the Sheriff, a county-wide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after-school activities are canceled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day." Scott and I immediately looked at each other. Mr. Stilinski had gone a little too far with this.