Chapter 17: The Masked Nin

Zabuza hesitated a bit but releases Kakashi-sensei. Kakashi-sensei then charges to him, using multiple water jutsus that belonged to Zabuza which means he copied it from him.

"Damn you!" Zabuza becomes enraged and tries to counter the attack but sensei copies the same skill as he did.

Zabuza tries again but sensei counters it again. Soon, Zabuza has used up a lot of his chakra, making me breathing heavily.

"It's over!" sensei then uses a Water Dragon Jutsu towards Zabuza. Naruto watches closely and the water dragon turned into two.

"Finish it!" Naruto shouts then suddenly someone jumps in and grabs Zabuza, dodging the two dragons. Naruto starts to get enraged but that person who took Zabuza stabbed him with a long needle. The boy landed on the ground with the lifeless body on his right shoulder.

"No way..." Sakura watchers the boy as he seems to be around our age.

"I can't believe he could do that!" Naruto starts to get enraged again and he seems quite shocked that the boy could kill Zabuza without hesitations.

"There are other ninjas like that one, Naruto. No matter how young or old they are, they can be stronger than you." sensei said.

The boy turned to look at us. He weared a white mask that concealed all of his face. The boy steps forward a bit then bows to us while holding the dead body.

"I apologize for all the trouble he had cost. I shall take my leave now!" the boy vanishes with the fog along with Zabuza.

"Is it over?" Naruto asked.

"I think so!" Sakura answered.

"Don't be so sure..." Sasuke said.

"Ugh..." sensei suddenly collapses and fell to the ground.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto ran to the exhausted sensei and so does Sakura.

I also ran to sensei to check up on him. Sasuke doesn't care much so he just walked to sensei, the same goes for Tazuna.

"Phew, sensei will be alright! He just used his sharigan far too long so he'll be ok after some rest!" I then stood and looked to the path where the masked nin vanished.

"Who was that...?" I asked.

"Who knows..." Sasuke approaches me.

"Sasuke-kun..." I mumbled.

"Let's get going! I wanna end this mission already!" Sasuke starts walking ahead of us.

"You..." Naruto calls and Sasuke stops and turns to look at Naruto who is already standing up.

"How could you be so-----"

"Naruto, that's enough! Can't you see Kakashi-sensei just collapsed!? It's a good thing all he need some rest but what happens if he doesn't wake when we're in BIG trouble?! I think you two should stop fighting and help each other for once!" Sakura cutted Naruto's line, yelling at both of them.

"She's right!" I agreed.

"Tch, do what you want!" Sasuke turn again.

"*Sighs* Come on, let's go now..." I then helped sensei get up along with Tazuna and we all started walking.

But who was that kid...?