Chapter 26: Minori saves...

"That guy... Where did he go? The mist has suddenly begun clearing up..."

Naruto looks around and notices 3 figures beyond the mist. He runs to them, as quickly as he can.

"W-What's going on here...?"

Naruto stops as he sees Minori's arm is pierced at Haku's chest.

"Is that the masked boy?"

Tazuna asks and Naruto walks closer.

He jumped in to protect Zabuza!!, thought Kakashi who's covered in Haku's blood.

"Heh, great job Haku..."

Zabuza compliments Haku and Haku grabs Minori's arm and tries to pull it off of him.

"MINORI, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

Naruto shouts, asking, but Minori doesn't answer a word.

"Heart Rate has greatly decreased to 0. Primary Target terminated. Switching to Secondary Target. Engaging."

"MINORI! STOP!!"

"Naruto! Get back!"

Zabuza charges to Minori and Haku. Minori doesn't respond but waits.

"I sure picked up something useful. Giving me this final chance!"

Zabuza swings his sword towards Haku and Minori but Minori dodges the attack, holding Haku.

"Cleansing..."

Minori lets go of Haku and throws her of in a distance.

"Engaging target."

"Minori!!"

"Naruto! Get back!"

Naruto listens and Kakashi approaches Minori.

"Minori, let me handle this..."

("Hmph, Minori let him. Go to Sasuke.")

"Understood."

Minori jumps back and runs to where Sasuke is.

"Naruto!"

Sakura calls and Naruto responds, looking at her.

"Where's Sasuke??"

Sakura asks but Naruto moves his head to the right, realizing of what had happened to Sasuke. Sakura feels a chill run down in her spine. Kakashi looks at Naruto's face.

"Kakashi, this is no time for sight seeing!"

Zabuza charges to Kakashi and swings his sword to him. Kakashi evades the attack and their battle continues. Sakura began to shiver, feeling that Sasuke could have been...

"I'll go with you. Then you won't be breaking your sensei's orders."

"Ok!"

Sakura along with Tazuna runs behind Naruto and to where Sasuke is. As soon as Sakura has reached to where Sasuke is, Minori was there.

"Minori!"

Sakura walks closer to Sasuke who's apparently dead in her eyes. She bends down and touches Sasuke's cold cheeks. Her eyes began to be filled with tears while Minori and Tazuna watches her.

"Don't mind us. It's best to let it out and cry..."

"I... I always scored a 100% on the ninja academy exams... I memorized over 100 shinobi sayings... I always wrote the correct answers..."