Chapter 23- Broken Awakening

REECE

Every morning there would only ever be three different ways I'd be woken up from my slumber.

Those three ways consisted of the sun beaming directly on my face, my alarm clock blaring throughout my room, or someone barging in and waking me up themselves.

This morning however, was different.

This morning there was no bright sun in my face, no blaring alarm clock making my ears bleed and certainly no obnoxious human being shaking me into consciousness.

Instead, I had woken up on my own accord with a heavy weight around my waist and the light breeze of someone's warm breath fanning down the back of my neck.

I took in a deep breath and suppressed a yawn as I slowly gained complete consciousness of my surroundings. I peeled my eyes open and lazily brought my arm up to rub the dryness away. It was only a few moments after when I became fully aware that there was a body pressed against me and I was not alone.

Wesley's arm fell limp over my waist, his bare chest was completely pressed against my back so there wasn't a single space left between us. He was so close that I could feel the tip of his nose pressed against the back of my neck. Every time he would let out a breath down my neck and shoulders, a shiver would rake through me, despite the fact that it was warm and inviting. I moved slightly to try and sneak a peek behind me but laid still once I felt Wesley stir, his limp arm tightened around my waist and he nuzzled his face further into the back of my neck.

In fear of waking him up, I stayed motionless for the next ten minutes, waiting until I was sure that he was still asleep. When I finally gained the courage to move again, I made sure to slowly inch away from him until I had enough room to turn on my back.

Now that I laid flat, Wesley and I had a little more space between us. His hand rested on my bare stomach where my shirt had hiked up slightly. Ignoring the heat and tingles his touch left behind, I gently lifted his larger hand in mine and quickly pulled my shirt back down before letting his hand rest there once again. I then craned my neck to the right to finally get a glimpse of his face.

A small smile crept on my lips at the sight before me. Wesley's hair laid messier than usual against his forehead and the pillow. His full lips were parted just a sliver as his chest lifted and fell in steady breaths. From this close, I easily spotted all the small details of his facial features. I noticed just how naturally dark and long his lashes were as they rested against his under eyes, I noticed the very few freckles he had that scattered across his nose and cheeks. I took note of all the dents, curves and angles that made up his entire face.

His very attractive face.

Without even thinking, I lifted my arm up to his forehead and gently brushed away the strands of hair that were almost long enough to fall over his eyes. As if on cue, Wesley's eyelids lifted to reveal his beautiful emerald irises, he blinked a few times before his pupils came into focus on the first thing they landed on; me.

I jerked my hand away and awkwardly flickered my gaze around his face, purposely avoiding his intense stare. My eyes then zeroed in on his pink lips which slowly lifted into a gentle smile. It was then that I gained the courage to look up into his green irises.

"Morning," he spoke in a hoarse whisper. I wasn't really one to talk much when I just woke up unless I was pissed, so instead I smiled at him.

Moments went by as we silently stared at each other, I held my breath when I began to feel the soft caress of Wesley's thumb against my lower stomach where he hadn't bothered to remove his hand. I mentally thanked myself for pulling my shirt down when he was still asleep, otherwise I might have been a nervous wreck.