"Diana, this is Ashley. That young girl I've been telling you about! She needed a break from reality, so we have a friend with us!" Tommy was practically jumping up and down like a child when she spoke about Ashley, making the two girls smile at her.

"Lovely! It's nice to meet you finally." Taking her dirty gloves off before offering her hand, Ashley shook it gently with a smile, it's like for the first time in the day, she couldn't stop smiling.

"Likewise," Ashley responded.

"So, you're the girl my wife has been giving trouble to lately?"

Ashley laughed, "That would be me, though she isn't too much trouble now."

"Thank the lord for that! I would have to smack her upside the head with a broom again if she was. Come on in, let me get you something to drink." Following Diana and Tommy inside the spacious cottage, she took note of the fact that the place definitely hadn't been used in a few months, though she liked it nevertheless.

"I am sorry for the mess, we just got here yesterday. And of course, we forgot a few things at home, so I sent this lady back to get them. And here she comes home with you!" Diana explained, she spoke kind of fast as she threw a few things in a cupboard.

"It's quite alright. I don't mind. From how Tommy was speaking, I could kinda tell you two just got here. This is an amazing place." Ashley complimented, and it was true. The girl couldn't express how much she loved it here.

"Thank you so much. With Tommy having more time off, we thought it'd be good to get back up here again." As Diana handed both Tommy and Ashley a drink at the small wooden table, Ashley thanked her for it as Tommy chugged it down, making Diana roll her eyes and gently hit her on the shoulder.

"So, I heard about it." Tommy's suddenly gentle words made Ashley stare at the tea in her cup, watching the glass and warm drink reflect off each other in the cup. "How are you?"

Ashley only gives the older lady a shrug, smiling lightly though she didn't mean it. She looked up at Diana who sat there with them, in the middle of the two women, not knowing what the two are actually talking about.

But she can see by her wife's voice and the look on Ashley's face, that something wasn't alright.

Holding Ashley's hand, both Diana and Tommy sit there patiently as Ashley thinks, only shrugging every once and awhile. "Why don't you two go outside for a bit and talk?" Smiling at Ashley and then Tommy, who stands and takes Ashley's hand to drag her outside.

Once the two are outside, Tommy takes a silent Ashley down a stone path that leads to an old wooden swing by a lake. Making the younger girl sit down as golden hour started to hit the lake in front of them.

, Tommy finally asked the question Ashley had been expecting. "What happened Ashley?"

"Just...my boyfriend."

"Your boyfriend?"

She nodded, "Yeah. He got out of hand. Everything got out of hand, I let everything get out of hand."

"I don't think any of this is your fault Ashley." Tommy stated a frown etching itself onto her features.

"That's what everyone is saying, one way or another. I don't think they understand it though."

The frown on the older woman's face grew, "Understand what dear?"

"That...I don't know how it isn't my fault? I don't really know. I'm confused, and upset, and sad, and just..."

"Conflicted."

"Yes. I am conflicted and I don't know what to do. I see that John...that he has become a bad person. Not for me but for everyone and I just wanted to help him. I think that's why I stayed with him for so long." Ashley admitted.