Chapter Sixty Five

Hermione held on tightly to Krum behind me as I surveyed the calm surface of the lake

"You have to go in and get them" I demanded, storming up to where Moody and Dumbledore were stood, "He only took gillyweed! He's going to run out of oxygen any second"
"I'm sure Mr Potter will be resurfacing soon enough" Dumbledore said, face unchanged.
"Don't just stand there for fu-"
A large splash had me turning back to face the lake, two heads bobbing in the water.
"Ron!" Hermione called, scrambling out of both Krum's hold and the blankets and rushing towards the edge of the platform.
As anxiety began to well up inside me once again, Harry came spluttering out of the water, swimming with the other two towards the platform.
"Oh for goodness sake!" I huffed, kneeling at the side to help them up.
"Ronnikins!" Fred cried, running towards us, George close behind, "We were oh-so worried for you"
As the twins and Lee crowded around Ron, Hermione and I started covering Harry in blankets. Half-listening to Hermione's rant, I quickly dried his hair with a charm, watching in amusement as Harry tried to speak.
"You took your sweet time HP" I smiled, patting him on the shoulder, "I'm just glad you got back in time"
"But I didn't, Emily. I missed the bell"
"I didn't mean that"
Harry stared at me for a second, before ducking his head down bashfully.
"- and honestly Harry! Gillyweed? How did you arrive at that conclusion?"
I chuckled as Harry fumbled for a response yet again, sitting back and just being thankful that everyone made it out safely.

"Second place! Not bad Harry" Seamus yelled, rushing towards the Fourth Year as he entered the common room, "We all had your back o'course. Dean and I bet on you this morning"
"And you got kissed by Fleur? That's some next level stuff, man"
I turned to face the twins with my eyebrows raised, "But you won?"
"Placed our money on pretty boy Diggory" George said, throwing his hands behind his head, "it was simple really. Krum would charge into it too strongly, Harry would either get lost or get stuck on a moral principle-"
"And as for Fleur" Fred chimed in, frowning slightly, "we did think she'd come second, but then she got caught out on the grindylows"
"That's what they say happened, I say someone provoked them into attacking her" Lee interrupted, backing off when Fred sent him a mock glare.
"That really only left Diggory to win, he'd take a simple approach and would want to get out as soon as possible" Fred finished, waving his arms triumphantly.
"Well... you two seemed to have had it all figured out"
"Oh - and Harry can't really swim" George added, before flopping back against the chair, looking proud of himself.
I stared at him for a moment, before bursting in to laughter. Lee shook his head at my outburst, smile on his face as he leant backwards.

"Well, task aside, I had an idea for a Weasley product" I said, checking absently that our corner of the room was still relatively empty, "I was in my potions lesson yesterday and we were learning about amortentia-"
"Oooo what did you smell?" Lee teased, nudging my side.
"Not that you need to know, but I smelt cinnamon, smoke and-" I broke off to laugh, turning to look Fred in the eyes, "the wood from a Cleansweep five"
Fred smiled softly, reaching over to pull me into his arms, shushing me as I laughed. He wrestled me into position, placing my back against his chest.
"I love you too" he whispered, cheek resting against mine.
My smile grew even wider, resting my hands on top of his arms, "sap"
A muffled sob from beside us had us both turning our attention to George, the red head sat with his hand over his mouth, tears spilling from his eyes.
"That was the cutest shit I've ever seen" he cried, throwing himself at Lee, "hold me!"
"Okay, now that's enough of that" Lee laughed, patting George's back consolingly, "What was the idea?"
"Well, what if we made amortentia perfume to go in the girls section? Then people will smell like everyone's favourite thing"
"Wait ... that's actually genius" George said, stopping his crying immediately and sitting up straight, slipping into retail mode "I just don't get how you'd make it so that the smell doesn't effect the people who smell it"
Fred smiled, gesturing to me, "our resident potions master can work that out I'm sure"
"I will add it to the list" I sighed, small smile on my face.
"Well it can't be as bad as having to work out the puking pastille cure again" Lee said, hand touching his throat lightly, "I'll never forget that week"
The four of us shivered simultaneously, minds stuck in the horror of multicoloured sick.

"You all look like you've seen a ghost" Ginny grinned, placing herself on the arm rest of Lee's chair, "What are you up to?"
"Nothing Ginerva" George frowned, shooing her from his haphazard place on Lee's lap, "now begone, we're talking of adult matters"
The girl shrugged, jumping back off the chair with a cryptic grin, "I was just wanting to say good luck for tomorrow's disapparition lessons, I head some Seventh Year saying that there was a bad case of splinching and one of their classmates lost a toe..." she trailed off, staring at her brothers menacingly for a second before gunning brightly, "but I'm sure you'll be fine - good luck!"
"Your sister..." Lee trailed off, seemingly unable to find the right word.
"Takes after us, doesn't she Freddie?"
"She sure does"
"Oh please" I laughed, "she's miles scarier than both of you combined"